Horde stops attacking

Issue Summary:
Horde units gang up on the party but don’t attack. Special units still do.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Select Ranger Veteran career and Mercenary Captain career
  2. Host a map while bot priority is set so that both Kruber and Bardin are in, or play as one of them
  3. Have Merc Kruber use Morale Boost

Reproduction Rate (Choose One):
Constant (100%)

Additional Information:
Works on Legend and Champion.
Official realm, with and without mods.
[edit] Was able to reproduce on Champion. Steam Verify file integrity completed without issues.
[edit2] Seems to only happen when playing as RV while Kruberbot is Merc Captain. Couldn’t reproduce as IB. Couldn’t reproduce while Kruber not in group.
[edit3] Was able to reproduce playing Merc while Bardinbot was set to RV. Steps to reproduce amended, seems to relate to Merc and Ranger somehow.
[editLast] Was able to reproduce playing another character while RV and MC were bots.

[Attach Your DxDiag]
(Press ‘START’ and enter ‘DxDiag’. Select the DxDiag app and allow it to load. Once loaded, click the 'Save All Information…" button and save to a location of your choosing. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)
DxDiag.txt (72.2 KB)

[Attach Your Session Console Log]
(Navigate to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs and locate the log that corresponds with the particular session in which your issue occurred. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)
console-2018-09-02-09.34.24-8855DCA1-0363-43AF-88D9-5E13.log (528.5 KB)
Last few games on this one:
console-2018-09-02-07.54.17-C42848C6-BF6F-47C6-B214-B314.log (1.3 MB)

[Attach a Screenshot and/or Video Evidence]
(Screenshots and/or video evidence (if applicable) can be particularly helpful. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)

Game is in the first console log file around 9:35 as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I have reproduced this and I have more info:

• The bug seems to affect the player only. I did it with bots and they were attacked by the horde, but not me (I was Kruber)
  • Regular rats that are spawned in the map, not part of a horde, attack the player.
  • After using Kruber’s ult a second time, the Horde attacked me again

Issue replicated on Zealot with 1handed Axe, twice, legend. In a off-host pug full of players, and one time with a host full of bots. Both times the issue seemed to happen immediately after pulling a chaos patrol and defeating it. It’s not player specific, as my entire team was also affected.

Bot priority set to Kruber>Bardin, both as merc and RV.

I can confirm that this happens with Kruber when I trigger Morale Boost as the HOST, only, 100% of the time.

When I join Quickplays, I can trigger specials without breaking “attack detection” and all is well.

It only seems to affect standard/lesser enemies, elites and specials will still behave as normal in my experience.

Hope it helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.