Hive Scum sucks and needs buffs ASAP

Dexta has a long past asking for buffs for all classes…
We have, numerous times, nicely suggested him that he lowers the difficulty.

However, this time I can feel his pain. This class is a glass canon (at least left and middle part of the tree, I had no time to test the right that I feel… less interesting for my personal gameplay I like). Literally. You can deal insane amount of damages (as you can kill fast), however you need to not commit errors or you get instantly hurt badly.
This is EXACTLY why this class is interesting. However, if you have difficulties with the game standard classes, I can only imagine the pain if you use this class and try to play a difficulty above your skill level.

It just needs bug fixes, a chem nade nerf and a rocket launcher buff.

Need to fix many things still and get used to the class. I have the feeling this is exactly the opposite to Arby. Scum is way better in expert hands while Arby is newbie friendly. Still think if you start with Arby and dog you never learn the game…

Seeing skill issue responses is hilarious. Pretty much the definition of how powerful a class is, is how hard do you have to work to make it strong. If you require the highest degree of skill to make it work, then you’re agreeing that it is weaker. Anyone of high enough skill can make anything work. The class is fun, but it is weaker baseline than other classes. The majority of it’s damage dealing is wrapped up in its class skills, and it’s the only class that doesn’t start regaining their skill cool downs right away. Rocket launcher is objectively the worst blitz in the game. It does comparable damage to krak grenades with a smaller AOE, less ammo, and they don’t Regen like a vet does. Scriers gaze psyker does everything this class does with twice the safety and even better damage since it has access to better weapons. Like come on, the class is fun to play but it is definitely weaker than the other classes both offensively and defensively.

You are totally wrong in your assumptions.
Proof. Psyker

Psyker does not require anymore skill than any other class now. It has some of the best toughness Regen in the game

I would say Psyker being a brainlet class for brainlets currently has more to do with Inferno’s current state.

With a void staff you can deal also insane amount of damages
With scrier’s gaze also
With the entire class, in fact…

Not wrong

That’s why I would like that they nerf something on this class… something must be wrong when you see the output of several matches.

It’s because the class is diabolical without unlocking the lower tree or micromanaging the activations imo. So it’s caught a lot of people offguard.

I’m having a lot more fun with it now but those early exp levels were rough.

If people play mainly using passives then they’re gonna have a bad time. Micromanaging isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but it’s definitely essential for this class.

I don’t see micromanaging… at contrary of the veteran (at least before the last patch that changed the first keystone)

My desperado build is about dodging and shooting. Sure you need to kill elite specials all the time to get back to 20% ammos… but this just requires that you play normally.
Same about melee.
The only part is the stimm cooldown… but as a zealot I had to manage the holy revenant cooldown.

Agreed! Its the first Tide DLC class that wasnt totes broken on release.

Funny thing is, I remember lots of palaver about how busted this class was gonna be and how they just get all other classes abilities for free etc etc

Turns out that people just need some time to get used to it and also it could do with a few tweaks. Successful class launch for the most part Id say.

With other classes the optimal nodes discovered.

With Hive…The interesting thing is the dilemma of Stim Nodes to take, which ones, how much vs cooldown cost. No clear answer and that’s more of a self journey discovery than what is meta.

The “meta” spirit is what kills the creativity. I don’t say everything is great, but there are several builds that are not considered meta and that are true game changers.
The metas are always about playing safe and dealing max of damages. This is not about being fun.

Don’t follow the metas… find your own style. What is meta for a lot of people could be just a point wasted because how you like to play the game… follow your own intuition. Test. And… take pleasure in the game.

He has huge damage

Currently level 20 building rampage, it’s going really well in terms of dmg to the point I’m quickly killing crusher clown cars and monstrosities in Auric

I still don’t have curios (just 10% xp)

I’ll probably stack that with needle gun and it’ll be smooth af

The chemist loadout needs fixing, the rest is fine and borderline broken already. But what a karking load that because you could cooldown farm with one loadout they busted the entire tree and keystone and made a bunch of perks work in direct opposition to each other. Like man does that not signal to the designers that cooldown reduction is just degenerate as a whole and an actual fun interactive buff would be way better in that slot instead?

At level 20 you cant yet do auric even with the changes they did, but besides that, i’m glad you enjoy him and his huge damage :+1:

ideally every class should have a skill ceiling only reachable by the top 1-5% to really pull off awesome stuff.

that way it’d be made sure people stay within their skill range, having no crutch to rely upon.

if that ain’t “fun”, not having an artificial talent or weapon cover the personal shortcomings, then it’s a good thing in my book and should be the games standard from the beginning. :man_shrugging:

a difficulty isn’t “content, it’s the proof you’re deserving participating based on what you’ve learned so far.

people wanting a shortcut or slack through by hoping to simply tag along aint nothing new, but giving them no quarter is ideally the norm, not the exception.

So anyone pulling off crazy clutches and carries is finally deserving of utmost respect and :saluting_face:

instead of a tired yawn and disregard when coming from an arbites or dueling sword/plasma combo :-1:

Yes, a surprising number of “safety” options are locked in the keystones, but then that doesn’t concern me much. The road to level 30 is mostly tutorial difficulty anyway, so you get there very quickly. I would like to see how many people fail to pick them when building their Scum.

I called it that people will be p…ed when they get their hands on the class, as at the moment it plays like the pre-buff melee psyker when that playstyle wasn’t even “officially” supported in the tree.

I really think Hive Scum should come with a warning label on its Steam page :grin:

I’m having fun, by purposefully avoiding chem nades, which are frankly broken, but at least limited by the resource counter. There are are few interesting melee based scum interactions which should keep me entertained for a while. I find it funny how people consider the Boom Bringer the “worst blitz” in the game, mainly because they are comparing it to the broken vet nade spam. Desperado is a fun take on ranged playstyle, Stim Supply is actually semi-broken and clearly under-cooked, but it doesn’t interest me at all as a “playstyle” so nothing of value has been lost for me. The class overall feels slightly under-cooked, but then it was made surprisingly quickly, for Fatshark.

I don’t think the class sucks, or needs damage buffs, when it comes to survivability…its more than fine up to Auric, but I can see quite a few people getting upset in high Havoc, due to how oppressive the difficulty modifiers are there, and stacked against the Scums actual weaknesses those modifiers are.

That’s true. At contrary of all other classes that have their safety nodes on top, Scums have the most important at the bottom.

You can if you have a friend