Hive Scum sucks and needs buffs ASAP

This

And yes, chatgpt made the axe turned the wrong side..)

massive self report, sure somethings need changing but you cannot die if you pick desperado, and have obscene dps

I get the urge to use a two handed axe playing this class for whatever reason.

You cannot run out of ammos… but yes, you can die…

I need to train (playing Dune and now Elite dangerous is not training yourself), but yes, ny current desperado build is about dodging all the time and shooting shooting shooting shooting all the time..

Exactly. In a game that is minimum 80% melee, desperado isn’t ideal. I’m sure running around just shooting will be fine in lower difficulties but I don’t see how it is viable in higher difficulties.

I was getting downed in melee situations very easily. As soon as I switched to the melee buffs it felt better.

I take it some of these are bugs, not necessarily because you think the class needs buffs?

It do be like that

It works fine in Aurics, too. IDK how it fares in Havocs yet since I’m levelling my Scum still, but I’d imagine it performs similarly v what it’s strong against, which is clearing corridors with limited Ogryn presence (other people can kill those for you, though; and the autopistols aren’t half bad at killing Reapers/Bulwarks).

Melee is visceral… especially with stimms.

Desperado is clearly viable in damnation and surely in aurics.
But, you are a DPS dealer that is clearly made from paper. If you remain at distance, you never get hit (thanks to the keystone).
Melee builds are… insane. Not in term of power, but just in term of gameplay. You deal insane amount of damages in a sort of berserk transe.
My opinion is that, like psyker, the class will require skill and that the errors will lead to be on floor.
But the class is really fun to play…

Oh it’s like Psyker all over again……”Omg buff this class I die from 2 hits”
Yeah um….may I suggest….dodging? We are not rolling Goliaths from Necromunda who are walking tanks…….the class has high dodge count weapons (and corresponding talents) for a reason.

Skill issue

Most are bugs from what i can tell, Some i’m certain the devs temperary disabled like Stim-supply and Chemical dependensy interacting. (last one did interact but made it possible to spam see vid)

No Man’s Land - New Operation Solo Gameplay|Darktide

But i do think the class needs some (big)changes.

For starters, the tree is not well made for leveling and the rocket are really bad. Chem nade i would say also needs some changes in it’s damage cause it is doing insane clearing. Ofcourse there is more, and i’m not trying to trash the class but i do think most of the feedback/criticism given is fair.

It is really demoralizing that so many people are saying it’s weak, I’m having a blast with this class because it’s not overpowered slop (like a certain cop) but all this whining will result in fatshark giving it a million toughness per second or something. Have people forgotten have to dodge or what?

If they do that, they would have to lower by a lot damages, then the class would loose any identity (I could say, like the veteran, at least in my opinion).

It’s when you get most of the skill points, then it starts to feel good. T3, T4 with most of your skill points is actually easier than T1 with little to no points.

Give it a bit of time and higher levels really makes a difference.

Arbites was front loaded with powerfull stuff scum on the other hand has all the good stuff at the end.

The worse is leveling your weapon…
with a bad weapon, you cannot get anything good. Once you get a good weapon and, at least, 25 points in talent tree, the class is great.

However, the class requires that you dodge
This is important to say it… You cannot just press W.

I don’t know about havoc but it’s viable in auric.

Using this build for a fun carnage. Just need to fix the interaction between precision violence and hyper critical.

@Nrgaa

Many thx for this build.

If you think hive scum is weak it’s because you’re bad at the game