Hits with above 100 Toughness doing decimal chip damage (Reason for Untouchable Penance bug)

Issue Description:
Players currently take decimal point chip damage even with toughness at about 300.

The “Untouchable” penance issue turns out to not be an issue with the penance itself either: The issue is instead caused by the fact that you currently take decimal chip damage that, even if it is never rounded up to 1, still does above 0 damage. This is why the Untouchable penance fails every time you get hit by anything at all.

You do not actually take 0 damage with above 100 toughness, you take 0.x points of damage. These can eventually stack up enough to do full points of damage, too.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play any mission as Veteran Sharpshooter (mine has about 300 toughness with curios)
  2. Place down medicrate for testing purposes
  3. Get hit by a single poxwalker
  4. See how the screen lights up green for a moment because the medcrate just healed you for less than 1 damage

Alternatively, keep refreshing toughness while getting hit. You will eventually lose full health points, just very slowly.

Platform:
Steam

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
4th of December 2022.

Frequency of issue:
Constant (100%)

5 Likes

It is my understanding that it’s not 100+ toughness that is meant to give full damage reduction, but 100% toughness.

So, let’s say for example, you could have like 150 toughness right now but if your max is 200 you’re definitely meant to be taking chip damage.

Did you account for this in your tests?

My understanding is that if your toughness is at 100% it will give you 100% damage reduction for the first melee hit. I might be wrong.
I’ve experienced the same issue - trought the whole mission, i’ve only been hit by a single poxwalker while my toughness was at 100% (around 120 toughness) and the Untouchable quest didn’t complete.
My health still showed to be max/max, like i haven’t taken any damage.