KNOWN ISSUE: 'On Overwatch' and 'Untouchable' penances not completing

I have figured out the issue with the penance, I think. I made a separate thread about it already, and I posted it here.

Players currently take chip damage while at above 100 toughness that does fractions of a single damage point - at least in melee, not sure about ranged. This breaks the Untouchable penance by making you take less than one damage, but can also round up to full damage points.

Here is a repeat of the text from the other thread:

Issue Description:
Players currently take decimal point chip damage even with toughness at about 300.

The “Untouchable” penance issue turns out to not be an issue with the penance itself either: The issue is instead caused by the fact that you currently take decimal chip damage that, even if it is never rounded up to 1, still does above 0 damage. This is why the Untouchable penance fails every time you get hit by anything at all.

You do not actually take 0 damage with above 100 toughness, you take 0.x points of damage. These can eventually stack up enough to do full points of damage, too.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play any mission as Veteran Sharpshooter (mine has about 300 toughness with curios)
  2. Place down medicrate for testing purposes
  3. Get hit by a single poxwalker
  4. See how the screen lights up green for a moment because the medcrate just healed you for less than 1 damage

Alternatively, keep refreshing toughness while getting hit. You will eventually lose full health points, just very slowly.

Platform:
Steam

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
4th of December 2022.

Frequency of issue:
Constant (100%)

6 Likes