Higher damage % weapon of same type deals lower damage

Issue Description:
See attached screenshots. They depict two weapons of the exact same type that I possess - Deimos Mk IV Blaze Force Swords.

Note that the 548 weapon with the 79% damage and higher rating actually deals LESS actual
stated damage than the 533 weapon of the exact same MK.

• The Deimos MK IV 548 weapon has 79% damage and a stated Light Attack of 164 and Heavy Attack of 123.
  • The Deimos MK IV 533 weapon has 73% damage and a stated Light Attack of 165 and Heavy Attack of 124.

Plz explain.

I am not entirely certain that this is a bug, because I think it might be the case that the 533 weapon came from Melk, and I have noticed that sometimes Melk weapons seem to have higher damage than the stated % would indicate. In other words, this is not the first time I have seen this. I have several other weapons where I have observed the same thing.

However, I am not aware of anywhere in the game that this is made clear to the player, and I could not find more information from searching the forums either, though I can’t be certain this hasn’t been addressed somewhere.

I would like greater clarity on weapon stats. Is the Light Attack/Heavy Attack damage somehow separate from the damage %? Or do Melk’s weapons have some kind of hidden buff?

(As a sidenote, I would also like weapons to have some kind of indicator if you already have learned the blessing the weapon possesses. It is very difficult to know which weapons you are safe to throw away without first checking by trying to hand them to Hadron.)

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

**Player ID: Asterin

Adding the 533 screenshot here, it did not appear to attach above.

It’s because those overall damage stats factor in the adjusted damage for the “first target” stat. The higher first target damage on the 533 rated sword ends up yielding a higher damage number than the other one. You can see the multiplier effect when you view the weapon details and hover over the stats.

Edit - Also the little magnifier glass icon on the blessing icon indicates that you haven’t learned it yet and you can turn it in the get the blessing.

1 Like

Yeah first target stat on force swords is yuge and the scaling is large on the bar. Warp resistance should be the dump stat until they rebalance warp unleashed or make it not a no brainer choice.

This is the case. We do need to make some improvements in this area, to make it easier for our players to understand.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.