High level Penances feel terrible

They seem like fun things to try, and some are, but some of the higher level ones are just stupid. The chances to do them are non-existent organically, and I’m finding its making me want to play the game less and less. I just want to play the game. I don’t want to have to grind a Penance potentially wiping my team because I’m focused on something other than completion. Pysker probably has it the worst as you need a full team to cooperate and risk death/wiping. They need a “balance” pass or w/e to bring them at least semi inline.

2 Likes

It’s a bit sad, because many of the level-specific challenges in Vermintide were great. To be clear. I don’t mind the terrible ones that much. There are always ones that are harder to get and I really think that’s fine, but I also don’t go out of my way to get penances but rather get them when I get them.

But yeah, taking no damage when blead-through is a thing. Not great.

Yea, I’ve just given up on the Heresy ones for Psykinetic. Playing at that difficulty is hard enough without me screwing around trying to achieve some alternative goals.

I don’t mind them being hard, but the higher level ones usually require something that just doesn’t happen organically and it feels so bad to have to build a team to do something for ONE thing I want. Like the Ogryn knock down of 70 enemies and 6 Ogryn.

The 70 enemies usually doesn’t happen outside of specific situations, but if your team has any sort of crowd control you ain’t getting it without talking about it before hand just like with the 6 Ogryn because you need to let them stay alive and gather them since the largest group outside of a Horde I’ve seen is 3 MAYBE 4. Both situations put your team in a position where they cant effectively defend themselves without possibly ruining the 1 in 1000 alignment of stars.

The Psyker is just a mess.

The Zealot is easy as all hell, but near the end has you playing dangerous ass games with your life and the teams survival. Hell I’ve had Zealots just flat out leave because they had the pen messed up for low HP.

The Trooper is easy into an absolute mess which has you playing against your own team and in one case with your hand behind your back.

It just doesn’t feel like they were actively play tested by the Devs enough to have been released how they are. I understand there were changes made to some of them before pre launch beta, but the fact we didn’t have a balance pass again on the launch is kind of insane to me. Especially with the negative feedback I’m seeing for the changes they had made to Pens going into pre launch.

It just kills my will to play because I want the gear, but I have to get my team on the same page as me for something only I get.