Hey, where's Catfish?

Hey guys! Haven’t really been here for a few weeks. I’d ask “What’s up” but that’s why this forum is here and I’ve read plenty these past two or so.

But none of it has been from Catfish.

Where’d she go?

5 Likes

I’m actually kinda worried. StrawHat has been part-timing stuff for a while now.

2 Likes

She assimilated into Fatshark and doesn’t waste time on rejects anymore :+1:

11 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure if she actually has anything to say, is taking a break, lost her job, or what. I hope she’s doing alright.

5 Likes

Sick iirc

1 Like

Maybe so, but the kind of sick that lasts months is concerning.

My money is on “She left, because being Fatshark’s whipping boy while they refuse to let her do her job is miserable”.

4 Likes

6 Likes

the way the darktide community behaves it’s way better for them to quietly handle things until things get REALLY out of hand, because anything they say tends to get taken insanely and leads to things getting out of hand. it took like five hours for “itemization” to be understood as “everything we demanded out of crafting”, it’s not like there’s the slightest hint of rational thinking going on.

8 Likes

At the same time, this is what happens when a group of people asking for information are given nothing, or next to nothing, or anything vague.

Yes, people tend to speculate more wildly than they should. We’ve both been alive enough to understand that people, in aggregate, are not critical thinkers. That’s fine.

You can manage such a community by hiring, and then enabling, people to do so. Fatshark sucks at the latter of the two. We can, and should, criticize them for that.

12 Likes

that’s wildly inaccurate. the community is demanding they get what they already assumed confirmed. coming in and going “it’s not crafting” or “there locks will still be there” will just lead to the same review bombing that happened when they nerf power swords. the community is basically ungovernable because it’s got so many militant factions that assume the game should become what they expect and don’t have any will to compromise in them.

the best way to manage this tire fire is not to fan it and hope it burns itself out. sadly, reddit seems determined to keep it going.

2 Likes

Imo this is because of a lack of communication, not becase of an abundance of it. It leaves people to speculate and form their own expectations.

Considering the talk about RNG reduction, I really don’t know what else itemization could be referring to other than, in part, a crafting update? I don’t think they would tease an update to how Brunts works as heavily.

8 Likes

I hope it means they make a much bigger change than just changing crafting. At least that’s what comes to my mind.

3 Likes

Yes.

If you communicate a lot, people will accept it, when things change sometimes.

If you communicate very little, the tiny bit that you do say, will be expected to mean something.
If you do not say anything for 6 months, then say something, people will expect that it is somewhat set in stone.

People who try to defend this lack of communication, and are blaming the community for being extra critical of the few things that are being said, sound a lot like abusers.

Step 1: Treat someone like crap.
Step 2: Keep doing it until they snap and say or do something bad.
Step 3: “See, that’s why you deserve to be treated this way.”

15 Likes

Yeah the dynamic that’s playing out here can surely not be that hard to understand Jakal? They give people nothing concrete at all. Doesn’t matter what you say about the community’s interpretation of whatever little they’ve said, fact remains that they’ve left room for little but widespread speculation. The really glaringly obvious antidote to community speculation, is clear and transparent communication from the object of all the speculation. You can feel whatever type of way you want about what and how people think and feel about Fatshark, but it doesn’t change anything about the reality of the situation this community is in.

There are legit grievances. Fatshark says nothing about them. Fatshark does nothing about them. Fatshark does not communicate any clear plans on how to deal with them. The community remains grieved. Blame the community all you like, the power to change the situation resides fully with Fatshark.

7 Likes

She’s in Cuba.

1 Like

But why…?

1 Like

Who wouldnt want to be. Fack would we care.

Yeah, I can’t back the Jakal narrative here, either.

Fatshark has not only gone silent-modo again, they also are communicating in a very obtuse way when they do now. See the latest announcement, where at first it was stated itemization was part of the update and heavily implied to be arriving at the 25th of june, with then clarifications from unpaid people actually bringing the clarity the Community Manager didn’t bring - Namely that they likely won’t.

This is just silly. With Aqshy implying most communication is limited by the company itself, we really have to wonder how much red tape they use to shackle their Community Managers down.

10 Likes

Alternatively, if you say something, then say nothing for six months, people will absolutely think that the thing you said still applies.

And no amount of ‘we didn’t lie, it’s simply no longer true’ can change that.

Fatshark constantly makes changes without telling people, then acts surprised when their lie of omission is called out.

One of these days they’re going to eat a false advertising lawsuit.

5 Likes

So (according to Aqshy) Catfish is most likely just slammed with work elsewhere at Fatshark for the time being… or something to that effect.

She’s still an employee at Fatshark as far as we all know!

Edit: I added the source.

4 Likes