Heresy+ spawns are heretical

I’m max level and have not finished a single heresy run even when I lucked out with an almost fully maxed team. The best runs usually go well until one of the spawns gets a little too crazy. 4 reaper/crushers, 3+ snipers, 2 bombers, 5-6 ragers, 2-4 maulers, 2+ dogs, 2+ bursters spawning ahead and behind, 2-3 mutants, 2 trappers, 3 shotgunners, 3-5 gunners, hordes front and back. This is all as we were leaving one room that gave us almost as much trouble entering. Also it was “less hordes” heresy. Each “high intensity engagement” feels like a coinflip on enemy spawns. Sometimes it’ll feel like a malice run in an open area and sometimes it feels like a damnation run in a small hallway. Max level feels weak here already but then you’ll have sub level 15 players joining and providing absolutely nothing. They are either trying to rush penance or just don’t know, but it makes the difficulty near unplayable. Damnation is entirely out of the question. It’s everything I said for heresy but higher numbers and more salt.

Specials aren’t the problem.
Amount of range damage coming from the enmies is.

Finished a T5 yesterday, and it’s just pure hell and frustration.

1 Like

I agree the ranged dmg is one of the biggest hinderances but cover is almost always available on the maps. The specials really become a problem when the spawns go crazy in a tight spot. I can’t imagine finishing T5. What setup/build are you using?

Cover doesn’t work. You get shot behind cover all the time if it is not player height.
You can’t peak around corners, but AIs can.

T5 was ridiculous. Enemies punch through your shield in a single hit, making it impossible to stay healthy.

For reference, Cata Onslaught on vermintide is a lot more reasonnable.

I was running zealot, which is already shooting myself in the foot, but the flamer is the best crowd control weapon you can get atm.
I usually run a combat knife with bleed for super mobility & support setup (it’s useless, restoring 20% of toughness can’t compare to Kruber’s ult), but this time I was running an eviscerator for a bit more holding power.
Keystones do not matter as none of them change the way you play and half of them do not work anyway.

True lol. I feel like the ranged enemies alone take the difficulty beyond VT2. And yeah the keystones dont make as much of a difference as I’d like. Weapon power seems the most important so far.