Heavy desync/lag/rubber banding, game unplayable sometimes

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Please be aware that we will monitor all submissions in Performance Feedback, however, we will only respond if additional information is required.

Issue Description:
I have insane desync and input lag. It’s so bad I sometimes have to push a button 3-5 times just to get it to perform that action. For example, when I hit the switch weapon button, it will start the animation for weapon swap, but then revert back to the original weapon. Sometimes I’ll fire and bullets will be returned to the mag like the shots never happened. Its crazy. Also quite often, Ill shoot at an enemy and they wont be hit because they are not where the model appears to be. The FPS is fine, between 80-100 FPS, but with my rig I am upset that I have to turn almost all of my settings off or to the lowest settings to achieve that.

There is nothing specific that triggers it. It could be any mission, anytime. Sometimes its not so bad and I only have to push a button once or twice, but sometimes it truly becomes unplayable.

Attempted Solutions:
Most of my settings are at the lowest they can go.

Platform:
Steam

PC Specifications:
Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
32GB RAM
Nvidia 3070TI

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-02-21.50.08-e4508e5e-5388-4073-8072-3c8aa1268dae.log (467.0 KB)
console-2022-12-02-21.19.46-4a74bca3-c535-4bc7-9985-43a7184a3afa.log (200.3 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (359.6 KB)

Had the same issues. Make sure geforce overlay is disabled:

I also have this problem, but I’m stuck with a Radeon RX 6700 XT and my CPU is a Intel(R) Core™ i5-9400F, regardless of if I put all my game settings on Low or not, the rubberbanfing, lag spikes, and constant clicking to get just 1 action done doesn’t go away.

I’ve gotten this issue (or similar) since day one of Beta, still do.

I find at a point it will seem like i get a mad FPS drop which then when “catches up” has everything rubber band/drifting for a good 10-15s then one of two things:

1. if i keep attacking, moving and otherwise adding inputs ontop of the lag, I’ll be Disconnecred and dropped to lobby with an option to Reconnect (thankfully)

2. if I stand still, hold block and nothing else for the duration of the rubberbanding, then it’ll eventually catch up without being dropped from the host

Its… really weird honestly, I’ve tried minimum graphics (on a GTX 1080 + i9, can handle more than that for sure, no issue on max in other games) and every possible approach to minimize frame drops which surprisingly helped, but doesn’t explain the behaviour of being dropped from a host because of said fps drops.

Its like if you lag behind the host or other players too much it just freezes you and/or boots you? … not fun, and usually happens at the worst possible times.

Almost seems like a bad network/hosting design more than the actually game performance/optimization in terms of the “major issue” (of being dropped)

1 Like

same issue. the stuttering gets worse the longer i play. sometimes really unplayble. i don’t understand, the game runs so smooth at the beginning and at some point it begins to stutter like hell, even on the lowest settings, so i only want to finish the map and quit the game asap. it feels like it’s a desynch or something or do i have too little vram?

win11
ryzen 9 5900x
rtx 2070 8gb
32gb ram

This seriously describe my experience very well
Heavy fps drop follow with either error 2001, 2003 etc, or manage to catch up but rather rare. worst case is straight up hard crash to desktop
sometimes its rare, sometimes its EVERY game