Halbred stagger

The stagger on halbred 1st and 2nd attack is missing. Currently the only stagger is on the 3rd attack. This opens the character up to numerous hits before EVER getting to the 3rd overhead swing.

If this is intentional its a bad bad change.

I can’t imagine this intentional. There are a million ways they could have balanced the Halberd, this should not have been one of them.

What difficulty is this in and what’s your character score? Are you 600?

alright after hours more testing… the halbred on a foot knight is whats nerfed… the cleave thru and stagger are gone and you end up taking more dmg on a foot knight than you do mercenary. I am at 600 score with all a couple reds and legend experience.

I guess they had to give people some reason to play mercenary other than its group rez. In the end tho with 3 hours testing in champion, i took 23% less dmg on mercenary than I did on the foot knight soley because i can not cleave thru and stagger packs anymore and take multiple small hits from the horde before i can get out of the 1st swing and into block

on a side note fatshark, i bought the special addition addon yesterday because i was a basically happy gamer. I wake up and now I would very much like to shove the 45 bucks where the sun dont shine. Another game trying to appease the idiots and ruining champion and legend modes.

1 Like

i bought the special addition addon yesterday because i was a basically happy gamer. I wake up and now I would very much like to shove the 45 bucks where the sun dont shine. Another game trying to appease the idiots and ruining champion and legend modes.

LUL

God I love gaming and gamedev, but I understand why people aren’t fond of gamers.

A correction made to cleave/stagger with a single patch to a singular weapon on a singular class that doesn’t have a cleaving passive bonus is what’s giving you conniptions? Have a little patience, learn that balance is something achieved over time, and learn to capitalize your I’s when you write you heretic.

This here my dudes is why we can’t have nice things.

1 Like

Thats your opinion and doesnt mean its right

This might sound like a dumb question, but are you using using anything that would affect your power output differently on Mercenary? Examples: The More the Merrier talent, the Reikland Reaper talent, +% power against X that isn’t on your footman, etc?

This could be your differential in hitting the different stagger thresholds. You could potentially have 30% more power from talents alone on Mercenary. In that case it wouldn’t be Mercenary himself, but that specific build that has the advantage.

Also, what is not stagger? Rats, Chaos, what? And are you headshotting? Because headshots do bonus stagger now and explains the 3rd hit staggering consistently regardless.

1 Like

Uhm… every weapon should have less stagger/cleave with 1.0.5… meybe it isn’t a halberd nerf, but just a general nerf.

Spit my water out laughing, this is great

1 Like

But for real, the stagger against what is missing? I just played with someone using a halberd and they didn’t seem to be having any problems…