Map Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
indikid9149

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

10:30 EST
Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
constant

Hi @Indi,

Are you able to launch the game successfully in Modded realm? (chosen from the launcher options)

I ask this, because our Easy Anti-Cheat service only applies to Official realm - so this can help to identify if the issue is EAC-related.

Also, are any specific error messages being displayed on screen when the crash occurs?

Just tried to launch in modded realm and it just says backend error: COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST

Hm, that’s really strange! That’s not an error usually seen when launching the game.

If you try to launch in Official realm is the game still crashing consistently?

If so, I recommend to try the following:

Add Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions for both Vermintide 2 and Easy Anti-Cheat.

You’ll need to add exceptions for:

• vermintide2.exe in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\binaries
  • EasyAntiCheat.exe in \Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat

Perform a Selective Startup to determine whether a background application is interfering.

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC

If the issues no longer occur after having performed the Selective Startup, try re-introducing your programs one-by-one to determine which is causing your errors.

Install/Repair Easy Anti-Cheat:

1. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\installers\EasyAntiCheat
  1. Run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup installer and proceed as instructed

Failing all of this, you could try a clean re-installation of Vermintide 2:

Please let me know how you get on!

It must have been a startup program, i did a clean install and disabled most of the programs that run on startup and the game is working again. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.