Grimoire and Tomes

I agree this was a con with VT2. Especially with new players and veterans going different routes when one group knows the path and the other doesn’t.

I also like things like Daemon hosts forcing you to go a different path.

1 Like

To my mind, scriptures are really not worth searching for, and definitely not worth picking up if you have to sacrifice other resources to carry them. They take significant time to find, they potentially occupy three out of four item slots, and the amount of extra dockets you get is downright minuscule. Really, I just don’t know why you’d bother.

Grims are more visible and offer slightly better reward, but the risk of carrying them far outweighs it, especially on auric missions. Depending on class and curio setup, running grims can be downright crippling. I often see people asking to drop grims if someone picks one up.

Books just aren’t very well thought through. At a minimum they need to provide a (real) incentive to pick them up.

1 Like

Agree. Considering they are “Scriptures” I think a small buff to toughness (+10) would gel nicely to the hp drain of a grim.

Not that kind of incentive… we mean an actual end of match reward since their current reward is meaningless.

+1
Especially the grims have no point besides a self-imposed challenge.

2 Likes

What I’d like to see is to have a full set of grims and scriptures in static hiding spots on every map (changed for there mission varients of course). I liked the feeling of knowing the secret of book locations. Scriptures take up your item slot like normal, but grims replace the key binds of your blitz. So the psyker picks up a grim and suddenly cany use assail. The grim corrupts a full wound for the whole squad, and takes you down to 1hp if it’s your last wound.

Something that would be extra but i think would be fun would be if the books had benefits. Like the scriptures stopped grim corruption, or could be diacarded for a wounds worth of healing. And it would br cool if you could fully corrupt yourself by throwing a grimoire away to send out a warp rift explosion.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.