Graphic lag and FPS drop after 4/16 update

Issue Type (Required):

Performance

Issue Description (Required):

I installed the latest update and since then, the game chokes and stutters during playing. I understand that the game is not graphically optimized, but I have an RTX 3080 video card with a 12900K CPU 32 GB DDR5 Memory clocked at 6000. Prior to the update, the game was chokingly struggling at 180 - 190 FPS. Since the update, I’m lucky to get 80 - 100 FPS. I have adjusted the graphics settings to lower the quality of textures, but the game looks bad. I made a few other minor changes in the video setting and edited the config to turn off VSYNC. This provided a little better response, but FPS is still 120-130. Other games I play the system has no problem with 240 - 320 FPS and some games will come in at over 800 FPS without tearing or other issues.

PLEASE Fatshark optimize the game so it’s more fluiid graphically. The update is fun to play, but horrible when you get hoards swarming you.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

Yes, and I’ve tried disabling them

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log (Optional):

console-2024-04-05-11.42.41-b5375c45-2489-46df-8f2d-65f36154d422.log (1.13 MB)
darktide_launcher.log (886 KB)

1 Like

Yeah this happens every 1st match on a new patch because for some machines, the shaders don’t build properly.

Simply playing a few more games and this should even out.

My friend played constantly and said the same.

We also go loads of ghost hits and weird laggy interactions when hitting things.

I’ve got a new PC and excpected to be able to play without lag, and it’s still stuttery. :face_with_peeking_eye:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.