Glitchy sprinting cycle with psyker staff

PLEASE POST CRASHES AND ERRORS IN THE ‘TECHNICAL SUPPORT’ CATEGORY INSTEAD

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Sprinting while out of stamina with a psyker staff causes the staff to randomly pop back into the position as if you have stamina left for a couple frames, then pop back to the out of stamina position looking extremely awkward. I can’t get it to happen in the training room, but it happens in every mission I run, has been an issue since the beta.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Sprint with psyker till out of stamina
  2. Watch your staff teleport into different positions as you continue sprinting

Platform:
Steam

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

1 Like

Heyo, thanks for the report. Any chance you could provide console logs of the session where this happened, as well as your launcher log file?

These may be found by doing the following:

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

console-2022-12-13-20.19.31-db6196aa-8ba9-4daf-82f0-26924f178c98.log (281.8 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (384.7 KB)

Well hopefully this works for what you’re looking for. I’ve realized this happens with all or at least many weapons I’ve had it happen with eviscerator, force sword, chainsword, autoguns, bolters, lasguns, staves and others as well. This is my last mission where I was playing zealot and it was happening with my autogun for sure, probably eviscerator as well at some point its harder to notice on that particular weapon but it does happen.

1 Like