Game play

i have been a true gamer for about 20 years. I have spent ridiculous money over the years on PC games between Steam, Origin and EA sports gaming. My problem with Vermintide is they say they have Campaign play BUT they really dont! Campaign play is where you can continue a storyline and weather you play by yourself and computer teammates or with fellow “live” players you’re able to continue a story line. NOT HERE! Also instead of listing only players opinionated feedback on what or how to build up a class avitar how about actual instructions from the actual creators of the game? Also set limitation to who can play which level of choice. For instance NO player under level 10 to 12 maybe even 15 should not be able to play higher than RECRUIT, They become cumbersome and a nusiance for higher levels to have to watch after. Also collecting Grimoire’s and Tomes are more of a negative payoff than positive. You collective all 3 tomes and 2 Grimoire’s you’re actually penalized with almost NO health! How does that even make sense. You should be rewarded for taking the time to explore, putting yourself at more risk, but instead if not an equally balanced , experienced team you are almost for certain to perish or barely finish. Also create some boundaries that restrict players from running off on their own so far from team mates . This is supposed to be a game based on team cooperation and yet there are NO parameters that even remotely set this game play into effect. (9 out of 10 ) times you play it’s everyone out for themselves and almost NO team work what so ever. SOO much potential for this game, but you guys truly dropped the ball!!

Sir

You spent 20 years on games but you missed the points and intricacies of this one, and the campaign does have a story that you can follow, albeit you gotta go custom and play the maps row-wise starting at the topmost and going down after finishing one.

Then there is a fairly coherent story to be puzzled together, one that however does miss a little bit of storytelling ever since the old lady moved over to the weaves business.

As for the more direct suggestions you made :

For instance NO player under level 10 to 12 maybe even 15 should not be able to play higher than RECRUIT

You have no way of knowing how much a person has played the game, a person could be level 300 on any given character and level 1 on another. Then you´d still see a level one when they finally play that but they´d still likely demolish veteran and possibly champion as well.

Also collecting Grimoire’s and Tomes are more of a negative payoff than positive. You collective all 3 tomes and 2 Grimoire’s you’re actually penalized with almost NO health! How does that even make sense…"

You aint got a clue here sir, first off, you can notably reduce the effects of the grimoire curse by putting curse-resistance on your trinket. Secondly, you shouldnt need that much healing if you got the skills. There are big ballers who solo modded difficulties for fun, i solo cata when matchmaking is empty. Thirdly, the reward for exploring is extra supplies like healing,pots and bombs if you know the places to look typically.

So in conclusion to this segment, I believe you can do better than you´ve done so far!

Boundaries? That would really kill the fun and freedom the game does have. Everything we got now is a question of choices, choices done of what we are trying to do and what the risks are. How far we can push the boundaries before it backfires and we mess up. Learning when its good to run around looking to supplies/fun and when its time to huddle.

Sir, i´d argue that you’re the one to have dropped the ball if you need so much healing that tomes and grims are a problem. Your knowledge of the game&skills seem terribly superficial and yet you have the gall to act like you know the way. :triumph:

1 Like

gotta agree, vermintide is all about choices, a team that chooses to play in cohesion does infinitely better than a group of selfish players, even if you would shackle the team together such players would still make dumb selfish choices (for example wasting healing even if someone else would need it more, giving the potion to the person who can best utilise it etc)

instead of blaming the devs for everything perhaps look at yourself, and ask yourself what you could do better, and what does the team need.
and if you encounter egoistic players just swap in a different lobby its that easy.

this is such an outragious take, i’ve played with so many people who were better teamplayers than some of the highend difficulty players i still encounter each day who were nearly starting out the game, instead of gatekeeping new players you should actively lookout people who have a great sense of teamplay and teach them the nuances and you’ll will find friends that can trancende the game