Game keeps locking up entire PC

So here’s whats up:
The game locks up after around 20 mins of playtime. Audio loops into that revving engine sound and I have to unplug the machine to reset it.

Started some time ago, then went away, and now it’s back again with renewed vigor.
I can’t pinpoint the exact time it started, but it was before WoM. Although back then these crashes were few and far between.

This happens only in this game. I could not reproduce it with stress tests, or any other game.

So far i tried the following :

• disabled overclock
  • clean installed drivers
  • reinstalled the game
  • checked game file integrity on steam (several times)
  • moved the game to ssd and back to hdd
  • disabled mods
  • switched to dx11 from 12 and back
  • checked memory for errors(none)
  • checked system sfc /scannow(nothing)

None of these solved the issue. I am officially out of ideas and any help would be appreciated.
At this point I fear for the life of my PC becausec of these frequent and hard restarts so I’m probably the game on hold until this is resolved somehow.

I’m attaching anything that could be related:

DxDiag.txt (73.0 KB)

console-2019-09-04-14.24.45-4f3bc40a-8581-4827-9d09-9680dee57b80.log (3.4 MB)

crash_dump-2019-09-04-12.05.31-58d6880c-5057-45fe-8145-1375f7f82d72.dmp (525.4 KB)

Oh no! It sounds like you’ve done a lot of research already, but there’s some other solutions you might not have tried yet. I’ll paste our usual recommendations below, but you can ignore any you’ve already done of course:

The PC crashing or becoming unresponsive usually indicates a hardware or driver issue of sorts, as Vermintide 2 operates in protected memory and should never be able to directly crash the PC. Due to it’s demanding nature, it could be highlighting a hardware or driver instability.

1. Launch the ‘Command Prompt’ as an administrator
  2. If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or select ‘Allow’
  3. Enter the command:
    sfc /scannow
  4. Restart your PC once complete
  1. Press the Windows key
  2. Conduct a search for ‘Event Viewer’ and select the app
  3. In the sidebar, expand the ‘Windows Logs’ dropdown
  4. Select ‘System’
  5. Search for errors that correspond with your PC losing responsiveness

Please be aware Fatshark Support are unable to advise on Windows-related errors, and we recommend that such queries are directed to Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb

Thanks for the help.
I don’t know which solution worked but the game stopped crashing.
I hope it keeps working.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.