Game Crashing When Selecting Shade

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - During Play

Issue Description (Required):

Everytime I try to select Shade, whether it be in the main menu select, ingame keep character select, or even attempting to select items or talents on her it will crash my game. Selecting her through the inventory management bag in the top right of the menu shows her with zero items equipped, and no cosmetics. Prior to this I had to repair my ssd because the game was giving me a corrupt disk error. This issue happens on no other character, I can select anyone else besides Shade specifically.

Here’s a short video of what is happening when I do this: https://youtu.be/sxwvB1OSglI
The video cuts off specifically where I try to select the talents button, resulting in the game crashing.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

Yes, and I’ve tried disabling them

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

[PC] Crash Report (Optional):

GUID: 880e25ba-e1ed-423d-b810-9a11212f7753
Log File:
Info Type:

[PC] Upload Console Log & vermintide2_launcher.log (Optional):

console-2024-07-30-12.14.14-880e25ba-e1ed-423d-b810-9a11212f7753.log (228 KB)
vermintide2_launcher.log (1.0 KB)

I have a suspicion this crash may be mod-related. Please try disabling your mods if you haven’t already, and if the issue resolves, then try reintroducing them one-by-one to determine the culprit.

I disabled all of my mods and the issue still occurs. The Crash Report is this:

GUID: 8bef61c9-926e-47ed-b434-e76b4ce36e96
Log File:
Info Type:

Here are the Console and Launcher logs after the mods are disabled as well

console-2024-07-31-17.00.54-8bef61c9-926e-47ed-b434-e76b4ce36e96.log (148.2 KB)
vermintide2_launcher.log (324.7 KB)

I also want to mention that validating files does not work either, I have attempted that as well to no avail.

More info on this, I can play Shade just fine on my alt account, except whenever I try to play on my main account it still has the crashing issue. Unsure of what would cause that.

Hi @Lighny,

Thanks for the updates! The new crash report without mods helped, as I’ve been able to identify that your account data has become corrupted.

Not to worry! I’ve requested for one of our backend developers to repair your account data.

I’ll let you know once this has been completed.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi @Lighny,

Our backend developer has now been able to repair your account data. Can you please check again and let me know if the issue is resolved? Thanks!

Everything’s good now, I can select Shade without any issues once again, thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.