Game crashes with Siennas Fireball Staff

Issue Summary:
Game crashes very often with the follow message:

GUID: 995e672e-53e9-4801-a327-5ab1656dce5c
Log File:
Info Type:

[Script Error]: scripts/network/network_transmit.lua:104: Failed to pack parameter 4 (10.5) as float [-10…10]

I have done some semi-extensive testing (about 25-30 quick play games) and found that it exclusively happens when using the Fireball Staff with Sienna. I have tested with different Fireball Staves and they all gave the same result, so it seems to be something with the Fireball Staff in general, not my specific item.
It does not seem to happen after a specific amount of time played in a game, sometimes it happens as early as 1-2 minutes into a game, while I can sometimes play up to 10-15 minutes without problems. This means that if I joined a game close to finish and if I’m lucky, I can still manage to complete it and get rewards, albeit very rarely.
The last thing I have noticed is that it seems to always happen when I’m charging a fireball with the Fireball Staff. Although I must emphasize that I am not entirely sure that this is true, but this was the case the last couple of times.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Join a quick play match as Sienna with a Fireball Staff equipped.
  2. Play for a while.
  3. Crash (un)expectedly.

Reproduction Rate (Choose One):

Often (>75%)

Additional Information:
I chose Often (>75%) above only because as I mentioned above, if I am lucky I can complete a game already being close to finished when I joined, making it not truly 100% reproducible, more like 99%.

[Attach Your DxDiag]
DxDiag.txt (93.2 KB)

[Attach Your Session Console Log]
console-2018-10-21-07.31.17-FF08E510-3585-42D2-861E-68C3.log (1.8 MB)

[Attach a Screenshot and/or Video Evidence]
Unfortunately I don’t have any screenshots or videos of this occurring.

Hi Klopmkomokom, thanks for the report. This has been fixed internally and will be included in the upcoming patch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.