FS Doesn't Like Fun Builds [Rant]

I care about weaves.

interesting and fun huh. mate, it was possible to go into cata - alone - as BW, run towards the portal, hit everything on the way once and succed. i´ve done it multiple times and i´m not good enough to true-solo cata with any other career. BW was busted. both the lingering flames/famished and the ashes/famished version in the beta.

lingering flames is terrible in concept. and i wont miss lingering flames BWs that just sit everything out one bit. and i´ll miss F spamming kaboom BW even less.
the nerf was justified, it just came way too late.

2 Likes

It might have been fun to you, but Vermintide is a game meant to challenge its players.

And this ability had A TON OF Reward while having near zero risks.
Thats just how it is. If there is a certain ability or hero that just dominates everything else, something needs to happen.
Its just not healthy for the game.

3 Likes

I think we all agree with that and only a fool can say that the power the BW build is not ruining some fun playing the game. The question remains ; is FS capable to deal with that problem with some shades and not simply remove things radically?
Cause the idea of the build was fine but the stats weren’t.

2 Likes

i don’t think even the idea of the build was fine, it made almost all of the systems in the game useless. you straight up weren’t even playing the game in a whole bunch of situations, it was just ult and kite.

1 Like

Some people in this thread have bad reading comprehension. I said that Famished needed it’s stats brought down and for it to be put back where it was in the talent tree. If Famished gave around a100% to 75% DoT increase and 15% to 20% less regular damage it would of been better then moving it to a row that makes no sense to have it in. FS definitely made the wrong decision.

It’s also funny that people complain about the LF + FF to be cheesy when there’s already plenty of cheesy stuff in the game, like how as the WHC you can spot a monster or lord, pop a strength potion, pop your ult and then easily delete lords and monsters with BoP. Cheese already exists, so your kidding yourselves if you think a specific BW build is the only one that can break the balance.

Lastly the so-called balance breaking BW build is still possible with Lingering Flames + Beam Staff, you just got to kite for a bit longer.

1 Like

It would change nothinthg gameplay wise.
You would still do: Hit → Block → Wait
x2 or x2.5 infinite burn damage, its still busted

2 Likes

you think WHC being able to use all of his ammo, a potion and his ult to kill a boss quickly is cheese? let alone cheese on the same level as “press F and kite for a little bit to kill anything in the game, in any numbers”?

that’s an awfully hot take. not a good one, but it’s very hot

3 Likes

Personally i use the staff all the time and ult to res or help people with special and elite but i understand that some people can play it with no skill like you said. If the damage on the staff is reduced you can still have that build but you also have to engage melee too. Cause the burn to death would be very slow. Also by makin the cooldown reduction longer

I can’t take anyone seriously if they are defending the old Bright Wizard.

BW should’ve been nerfed/changed ages ago but the devs decided to let the class stay in “Season” 1 because they didn’t want their precious leaderboards to reflect on said change when BW was used to exploit late game weaves due to stupid difficulty scaling.

5 Likes

The combo is fun and interesting to use and I always loved to see a lingering flame dot bw on my team. FS just needed to tune the numbers to make it balanced but no instead their lazy assessed decided to listen to you lots and ruin and destroyed another interesting build. Hope you lot feels good while stroking you epeens doing weaves or c3o or w/e.

What’s an epeen

I loved it aswell, i had so much fun playing that build, but it was broken. Bw is still very strong and easy and fun. You can still do 40K dmg in a cata qp game as bw. Maybe stop stroking ur epeen and use that hand to learn bw.

It’s an older term but it checks out, sir

1 Like

Oh yeah it’s such a fun and interesting build where you hit something once and then never have to engage them again and just watch them disintegrate. God what an interesting and fun combo. You know what else is a really cool and interesting combo? Famished Kaboom from the previous patch, it was a really cool, fun and funny build where you press F and everything dies around you, and then you get the ability back instantly. You kill everything around you with the press of a button, and it was really cool and interesting. It’s such a fun build. I hope Fatshark introduces more fun builds in the future like 90% damage reduction, infinite cleave and shield bash pushes. That would be really cool and fun.

5 Likes

If we’re talking about interesting builds being nerfed I want machine gunner huntsman back. Can I have that back please? Such a fun and interesting build.

5 Likes

I don’t know who bioshift is or what a person has to do with knowing how to play sienna?, i am just a very passionate sienna player and love to find out builds and see what the most efficient way to play them really is, it’s really not that hard to do. If you wanna play this game casually for 30 minutes a week and wanna use broken builds, because you don’t wanna spend time trying to learn, that’s fine, but it doesn’t justify the broken talents tho.

And the epeen joke is kinda cringy now, pls no more :frowning:

3 Likes

Kinda ironic calling someone braindead when you are the player that likes holding block up the entire game.

3 Likes

If you really enjoy holding block and pressing F, you can run lingering + FFA + Kaboom. Super strong build actually. Exact same playstyle as LF + FF.

1 Like

what did he mean by this