Friendly Fire Suggestion

I’m not sure why you are all still arguing over the possibility that someone is a bad player despite investing a lot of time. @ZodomofGrimorey was simply trying to discredit me rather than counter my argument, and seems to have derailed the thread in the process.

Lets take this back to the point they were trying to make: It encourages “team synergy”. My argument: “removing ff trivialities higher difficulties”.

Having someone join a game with all of the bomb trinkets meant they would hoover them all up and delete every other horde. You don’t need to disable friendly-fire on bombs to encourage a “bombardier” role, you just need to be skilled enough not to throw them at your teammates.

People are already complaining that ranged classes are OP, cleaning up hordes before they even reach the team. Without friendly fire they could just continue smashing hordes through their team.

1 Like

Exept, they still do, using the back of my head as a reticle it seems.
Anyway, I like having ff, adds to the challenge on my end (unless my previous statement unfolds, making my damage taken stat look like s***).

Maybe it should just be moved up to legendary difficulty only then, since that is the actual “hardcore” difficulty that gives all of the end-game rewards too, while champion is required just to get to the item level cap. In exchange they could remove red items from champion chests completely.
FF in this game is really weird anyway, ranged weapons have it, even the most precise ones, but swinging a huge hammer or flaming sword doesn’t, some career skills do FF, some don’t. Exploding barrels do FF on all difficulties, but bombs only on champ+. And enemies always do FF to other enemies. It seems to be all over the place. And some weapons and skills seem to do more friendly fire then others.

As far i know FF is only issue while playing with scoreboard cheasers type of players…
Good players wont hit you offten.

Tips to avoid FF:
-If you see ranged have control over choke, dont go at front of him
-Never pass through ranged hero while he fire
-Find your spot and angle, around him so his fire not pass throu you
-If you play ranged hero, and see someone is grabbed, do not always use ulty to relase people, because ulty relase people at cost of 30%-40 HP (it hits grabbed guy in process as well), if you can relase him without ulty go for this method instead.

My stance on FF is that it’s unfun. When I play Sienna I do it to burn things not wave a sword or look for an angle. FF hinders you from using your tool kit which to me is boring. If you remove FF and the game then becomes to easy because things die to fast you up the health of enimies.

FF is seriously ruining my game experience and most important my fun.

I have no issues with FF being on but I do think there should be a place for people like you to play without it if you want. With it being standard off on quickplay. Not sure why so many people are against having an option like this.

Try to roll with 100 hp champion, like whc, ff is sometimes worst than enemy

FF state is fine as it currently is. Maybe increase lootbox limit or veteran so people can stay there if they want FF off.
Champion/Legend mimick oldschool Nightmare/Cata.
Champion is a stepping stone, adding some difficulty (not much) while also adding FF so that you have to adapt tactics.
Once used to FF thanks to Champ, you can go to Legend where the fun is.

Removing FF on Champion would be weird, having a sudden jump at Legend. And removing it totally would completely derail one of the core components of the game since VT1.

I get some people find it less fun. They should be able to gear up to max in Vet tbh, and continue enjoying themselves there. But the cap means that they feel forced to rank up the difficulty to complete their character.

No need to remove FF on the higher difficulties, imo. I’ts just part of the gameplay there. What it does bring, though, is a new mechanic on already big enough difficulty jump. Thus, my suggestion is to put an optional FF on Veteran. This would keep the higher difficulties as is, but give another adjustment on Veteran, and the chance to get used to FF before the rest of the difficulty jump.

FF is ok, i acualy love concept than you are forbiden to spam like a idiot… however they need to look at those poor 100HP heroes, they handle FF so badly…