Freezing when games go on too long

Issue Type (Required):

Other

Issue Description (Required):

When games hit about 27-30 minutes the game will start freezing for long periods of time, about 1s. These freezes start occurring very frequently after that point.
They look like the attached video.
The attached image shows the error message that displays when a freeze happens, mentioning packets from the future.

If you are getting these issues, please report in this thread and if possible post a clip of it happening.

Steps to Reproduce (Required):

Play the game. Experience freezes.

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

PC - Steam

Player ID (Optional):

Upload Supporting Evidence (Optional):

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log (Optional):

console-2024-04-25-10.48.49-99cebac4-a6bd-4c1c-a9d4-40ae1f23b7b6.log (664 KB)

5 Likes

Having the exact same problem. Restarting fixes it but rejoining to the same mission itll often begin again within a couple of minutes

Yeah I’ve had the same problem, game drops frames and then I lose connection with the server for a couple seconds. After enough time I get an out of memory error, so I think there’s a memory leak somewhere

1 Like

FWIW, I was having this exact same problem and I was able to fix it by increasing the amount of memory available to Lua (the underlying scripting engine). If you want to as well, you can edit the following file (your location may be slightly different):

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 DARKTIDE\launcher\Launcher.exe.config”

Search for <setting name="ExeArgs" serializeAs="String">. I doubled the memory (to 2G) so it now looks like this:

<setting name="ExeArgs" serializeAs="String">
        <value>--bundle-dir ../bundle --ini settings --lua-heap-mb-size 2048</value>
      </setting>

To be clear, I believe this is different from what OP is talking about. I’ve also experienced that and I’ll be looking for logs the next time it happens.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.