Feedback regarding latest DLC as well as general game

You must be joking. I found 5 real reds and you think making me craft one for 5 red dust with an illusion somehow lowers the value of finding one?

Please… We wouldn’t have this problem to begin with if fatshark didn’t implement red duplicates in the first place.

3 Likes

Well sure. To me it matters not since I’ve had all reds for a long time now. I actually completed my first full red every weapon + miscs on Sienna around the 350 hour mark. After that the reds have been mostly dropped but a few crafted just to fill the collection.

I just don’t understand why everyone is complaining so much over these illusions. It’s like…
People whined about red droprates. They increased it.
People whined about the increased droprates. They let you craft the items.
People whine that you do not get illusions when crafting the reds. ???
When will you be satisfied? Until you have everything served on a plate so you can put minimum effort into it?

But sure, they could put it in just to please you I guess.
Red duplicates are a problem ofc. But that’s the entire issue with RNG. Remove it and it gets very predictable. Have it and most people will be mad since they never get what they want from it.
It’s a cursed loop.
Besides you have the Bögenhafen chests aswell now with glowing illusions so the chance to get one has increased greatly since the pre-dlc times.

But sure, I get why you want the flashy glowing illusions since it shows to everyone else you are using an authentic red. It’s fine if that is the reason.
Still it’s fatshark who has to think about this in the end.
Do they want some sense of progress in their game or instant gratification? I prefer the first option.

2 Likes

You got lucky to get them all in such a time frame. Several people have played over 1000 hours and still lack even a full kit for their preferred character.

2 Likes

Massive strawmaning

1. People still think they are very rare just like cosmetics.
  2. They added reds as loot outside of legend devaluing them (yes this is a real drop in value).
  3. 5 for one already unnecessary high I mean one for one would have done it and I don’t think it would have mattered for anybody. Also you don’t get an illusion and that actually can be argued for but fatsharks argument of it devaluing the “natural” drops does not stand up to logic.
2 Likes

First off, I have 500 hours in vt2. I still don’t own a full kit on any character. I do have however 25 red dust just piled up because I refuse to craft without illusions and that’s even from saving multiple charm/necklaces/trinkets. So please try to get this into your head: I found 5 reds. Without red duplicates I would of had 5 reds I did not previously have. But fatshark IMPLEMENTED red duplicates that weren’t in vt1 (did you play that game?) and so when I get duplicate on duplicate on duplicate, it’s fatshark’s fault not mine. When they then give me a craft option I expect my 5 red drops to actually equate into a real red not an illusionless one. As for increasing red drops I don’t have an opinion, I don’t care. But like I said in my OP I don’t stay with this game because I enjoy the goddamn MMO RNG grind. I stay because I enjoy slaying rats. What they are doing with this RNG-fest is turning me off the game and making me dislike them as a company. Which is sad because I don’t want to dislike them.

You act like finding one red you want is worth more than someone crafting one out of FIVE duplicate red drops, newsflash; IT’S NOT. In vt1 if you rolled a red it gave you one you didn’t already have meaning you were always happy to find one even if it was one you didn’t want because guess what; you then increased your odds of finding the one you want. In this game however, when I find a red it usually ends up pissing me off instead because it’s very rarely one that I don’t already have.

As for the “just use bögenhafen glow on your crafted red” So I need to buy a DLC to fix their duplicate fix? Also, there’s no guarantee I’ll find a skin for my crafted red out of a bögenhafen box, opening one on kerillian for my crafted glaive does not mean I wil get a glaive skin, nor does it even mean I will find a kerillian item at all it could very well be a kruber item.

4 Likes

But it’s not special anyway. You got it from drop by PURE LUCK.
That’s not special, that’s just sad. I’m getting 1 duplicate after another, and once I get 5, I still won’t be able to enjoy a new weapon illusion, even though it takes AGES to gather 5 bright dust, because for some reason my vaults get filled with trash 90+% of the time.
I’d much rather get my desired item via my own actions and choices. 5 bright dust is a goddamn lot. So the player’s drive towards the item he really wants should be rewarded and not ignored.

3 Likes

I’d want to add, that it would be nice, if new armor you can unlock or get from chests actually was NEW armor model with different looks and details and not lameass recolor of the stock one.

3 Likes

That would be nice but I’m starting to lose hope that fatshark will fix what’s wrong with this game.

3 Likes

You are absolutely right about the new armor skins. I too felt they where rather lackluster recolors of the existing skins which made them boring. They could have done something interesting instead. I don’t mind the skins in their current form but there should have been more customization.

And yes you could consider it lucky that I have full reds but the rest in my team has the same. 100% red on all characters. And most people I play with are at 100% reds on all characters.
So from my perspective either we are all lucky or we simply play so much we increase the chance of getting reds. I can honestly say that after the increased droprates on reds I could get 1-2 reds from EMP vaults a couple of times in a row.
I too get duplicates all the time when it comes to reds. Just say hello to my nearly 20ish charms and 20ish trinkets. It wasn’t until they put in crafting where I could finish the last few random weapons I never use to be reds.
But this was about red illusions and crafting.
So fine. I guess I could agree that 5 reds for 1 is a steep trade. But I’d still craft a weapon to red anyway just for the stats. I hardly think they will do anything about this since this has been on the board earlier with no visible result.
And regarding the randomness of the Bögenhafen chests. Yeah I agree. It does suck. I keep getting elf things when I want Kruber or Sienna things. But eventually I will get there. Just have to keep playing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man, it’s not about being able to equip “full reds”, but about having the one desired weapon. I want 1h axe, and all I’m getting is 1h hammers and 2h axes. So yeah, I can run “full red”, but I don’t, cause the one skin I want has an extremely low chance of dropping, if red drop rate is 25% (and I think it’s lower than that), and Bardin has like 12 different weapons + charm + necklace + trinket, statistically it requires 60 runs to get this axe - but since it’s RNG, I can as well make 300 and still don’t have it.
Where’s the skill in it? Where’s the fun? It’s a waste of time.

2 Likes

I’m glad you finally saw some of my points. I however refuse to support fatshark anymore. They promised better loot system and so far no sight of it. Their excuse of saying they want found reds to be unique (megalol since I already found 5 unique duplicates) and that’s why crafted ones don’t have illusions is just a way to sell their bad dlc that just adds even more RNG to the table. I am losing respect for them and faith in their abilities to fix their loot issues.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more about the reward/loot system. I would honestly be a happier player if it was scrapped and everything was front-loaded like a 90’s game (I blame EA for introducing this “gotta’ level up in an action FPS” bull!@#$ trend- it used to just be called selecting the difficulty level).

The loot screen is an exercise in patience/frustration. Even when I get a red illusion for a weapon I like it’s not a good feeling because I long since stopped caring about winning that lottery.

Otherwise this is my favorite game of 2018 so far. No sarcasm.

3 Likes

Congrats on your (alleged) stupendous luck, no reason to be a jack wagon about it. 500 hours and I’m still waiting for my red DnD, sword and board, handgun, axe of any kind… and so on.

1 Like

I think you misunderstood me. When I say full red, I mean every single weapon available to the characters as reds. Not just what you equip. So that means sword, flame sword, mace, crowbill etc. Every single item.

But quite frankly there’s no “skill” involved with this lootsystem at all. The only reason as to why you cannot get a red illusion from crafting seems to me to simply be that Fatshark wants the drops to mean something and be more exclusive. So yeah, Everything is a waste of time pretty much.
You just have to play the game and hopefully get it. If you could get everything right away it would kinda defeat the purpose of playing. Instant gratification is a game killer. But so is making it to hard clearly.
But I’ve always hated lootboxes in any way or form. So I’m not that keen on the ones in this game. But I have to endure it I guess.
The hard thing to do is how you balance it. When you use a RNG system basically anything works. As it does with the current system.

Personally it would have been so much better if you felt you could have a direct impact or choice when getting a reward. Not 100% guaranteed but you should be able to atleast nudge the reward to the direction you want. As I mentioned earlier, I like so many others have a hoard of red necklaces, charms and trinkets. Well used to have… destroyed them all when the red dust patch hit.

If you interpret my post that way it’s your choice.
Simply stating a fact from my experience.

Are you playing legend only and getting emperor’s/generals vaults you should be getting a lot of reds.
If you are farming champion, well there’s your answer.

But what is “exclusive”. Everyone runs around with some red items. They are actually popular. There were bugs that helped a lot, once day I dropped 3 reds from 5 emperor’s coffers (or whatever is the name of champion-level prize). My friend got 5 out of 6. Y Then we run out of chests cause we were low on them and it was late at night
The problem is - I’m not THAT fond of this game to invest THAT much time, because it’d take hundreds upon hundreds of full book legend runs to get red items for every hero. Damn, after 40 runs on Bardin I only have grudgeraker, 2 2h axes (don’t use them cause they suck) and 2 1ha hammers (also don’t use them cause they suck) and I think some of those I got via bugged chests and random luck on champ.
I want to be rewarded for my time and skill. Give me a way to win what I want. Some challenge. Instead we have grind. You apparently had LOTS upon LOTS of time to do the grind. I’m just sick and tired of the loot system, which at the moment only consumes my time and severly limits my build options. If anything, it makes me want to play the game less, and not more.

you should be getting a lot of reds.

Nope, he shouldn’t. My last 12 vaults, 1 red item and it was duplicate of course.

Had to check my play time. 833 hours ATM. Not that hardcore but very efficient gameplay with my team.

But do you really need reds for your builds to work?
It’s better for sure. But not required in most builds.
But yeah. Lootsystem is random, I think it sucks too. And it’s lootboxes. But what alternative could they put instead that would not simply break the purpose of playing?

I need reds cause I don’t have time to re-roll for 200 times.
And I don’t have enough blue powder either. Today I wasted 35 orange powder to roll swift slaying on 1 weapon, I got parry 10 times in those 35 rolls. It’s boring and it’s annoying.

From my perspective, 833 hours is an awful lot anyway :slight_smile:

But what alternative could they put instead that would not simply break the purpose of playing?

Give you some control. 5 bright dust = you get one normal, full illusion red weapon because getting 5 reds takes a ton of time and it clearly means the player EARNED this.
Maybe introduce some kind of deed-contracts. You get 8 legend deeds with some fun twist to complete, the prize - a red weapon of your choice. Etc. etc. etc.

8€ lol, you are a joke Fatshark. Other games would take 2€ for this crap maybe 3-4 tops :slight_smile:

This game have so much potential but you are just to good at fail, if you ever add a new faction will it cost 3000€ ?

1 Like

How about what I’ve written in this thread a few times. Vermintide 1 system! Which they said they would improve but actually made it worse!!!

In vermintide 1 you rolled dices just like here except it was a ladder you climbed for every successful dice roll, 7 tiers usually tier 7 was a red in cataclysm (legend) sometimes 6 also, you saw everything you were getting before your roll ended. If you already had a red fireball staff for sienna that was no longer in the loot table aka NO DUPES. That meant that next time you rolled a red on sienna it was something else - you actually looked forward to finding a red in that game. This meant if you were only missing one red on a character that was the only red you could find. Here if you are missing one red you will probably never find it just endless amounts of dupes, but oh wait! I can craft it, uh oh, no illusion for it cause guess what you never found one like it so you don’t actually own a red illusion, oh I know! Buy bögenhafen DLC and grind endless dupes of cosmetics instead that unlock for characters you didn’t even open chests on, hooray!

Also for the last time, the only reason that crafted reds don’t have illusion is NOT to make found reds unique that is complete horseshit, it’s just to sell more of bögenhafen DLC. What makes a non dupe more unique than 5 dupes? Answer me that before you repeat fatsharks lies again.

Sorry if I’m sounding hostile to you it’s not my intent but I’m frustrated.

2 Likes