Feedback Mega Thread

Hello, and welcome all the thread you are now reading. I honestly am finding this game wonderful, as well as filling in the niche of a newer Left 4 Dead. But, I do have some suggestions that are quite in way, alongside others whom have mentioned such.

I will split this Post into 3 Categories. Additions, Changes (Engine based), and Reworks.

These are mere Suggestions which come from mind and mouth. Need not say anything unless related, Mayfly.

Additions

1. Cosmetics. Yes, this is something mentioned more than enough, but the least I could do is rain words upon this. As we players seek the best of all items, we desire cosmetics to differ ourselves from others. Anything is acceptable as long as you’re not to follow the For Honor Formula of Spikes on everything. Whether you have common recolours, or scoffed armour, it should always make one another stand out slightly or extremely among others. Anything deeply into your little Fantasy game here would work, as long as it isn’t too MEME.

2. More weapon choices, More Niches. Right now, there’s barely any for each class, and sub class. All in all, there’s at least one weapon per class that power creeps the rest. I know there aren’t many choices as medieval based weapons are as little as can be. Short crossbows for our Dwarf Ranger. Throwing shivs for our Waywatcher Elf. a Triple barrel Flintlock for our Empire Soldier. Something, something viles like acid for our Witch Hunter. Heck if I know anything for the Bright Witch. Just a tad more Variety.

3. Gameplay Level Balancing. This doesn’t make sense. So I’ll explain it. First off, players can just carry lower levels, due to higher damage in lower modes. That’s ridiculous. The ideal here is to balance the levels by making the highest level have lower damage, but still above average compared to the host. in this case: Host: Level 6, WayWatcher: Level 11. Host has 78 Power, and 13 has 200. Because the WW is clearly higher level, and higher in Power, a formula such as 200 x .73 / 1.5 would be applicable. 200 becomes 97. which is above average, but fair and balanced. This should only apply in a 5 level difference. People shouldn’t be able to match up with others 5 levels above themselves. Keep it fair and Balanced. (I won’t lie, this is pretty biased, but it needs more work.)

4. Additional Exp/Loot dice for killing bosses. Look, Bosses don’t really have weak spots, other than just hitting their softy spots. They do get harder, even after all the kiting, since they don’t die quickly, or easily.

5. Future additional Bosses/Specials. Variety would be lovely for this game, as to make it more appealing, and less born-to-die. Perhaps Specials that aren’t Skaven?

6. Versus. Clearly, this is a Deep Fantasy Left 4 Dead kind of game. Hit me up with that 4v4 and let me kill some people with Rats.

7. ROUGE SKAVEN PLAYABLE CHARACTER. There isn’t a single way to believe a simple Skaven wouldn’t actually be against his own kind’s work.

8. Survival Mode. Endless. Enemy power ramp-up the more waves you go in.

9. More makeshift bombs. If L4D could make a pipe bomb, or a bile bomb, why can’t we get a cheese wheel filled with BlackPowder? /s But on an honest note, There should be more bombs.

10. Visual of ultimate ready as a Purple tinted glow around portraits. Quite a thing really, if we need to see who has an ultimate. By User @SpongiePeanut

11. Have a mic symbol show up next to the character portrait when someone speaks. by User @SpongiePeanut

12. Add a voice/phrase/quote command wheel where, if you press a button a wheel of commands show up ranging from things like: “Need Ammo” or “Follow Me” etc. Also a good way to allow the community to spam laughter lines if needed. :wink: by @SpongiePeanut

13. There isn’t an Autoblock option when typing. But why? We don’t want to instantly die. We want to have a moment to type.

14. Replay mission button. For both Victory and Defeat.

15. Option to give ping based on number. Clearly a superior option so we can avoid 170 ping lobbies.

16. An ability to report Griefers. Don’t act like you don’t get them, especially on your own matches. They’re always there to hunt you down and ruin your game because you didn’t follow their rules, or “Lul, it’s just a game noob”

Changes (Engine Based)

1. Shadows. I’m not too great with inside tech work, but I will say that the shadows in this game really kill FPS from certain angles, or hordes. I don’t know what it is, but it sure as heck isn’t making this any better. Without shadows, the game looks like an Alpha phase version. With low settings, it begins to take a little bit of our base FPS, but in return looks like Skyrim. Can’t say you don’t get the pattern. What’s with the shadows generally? They’re really eating at better GPUs.

2. Full map loading instead of Progressive map loading. Why is it not a thing? People tend to lag as they walk further in. That of course, happens if people don’t stop for a moment to let fps fix it’s shite.

3. Fixed spots, random placements for Tome/Grimoire. Let’s be honest. The majority of people head on rush for these so Exp and loot is a big big yes. Why not have these randomly placed in fixed spots? Heck, make it harder to get them, to the point where players have to make the decision to either take it or leave it. I don’t know how exactly, but there’s surely an addition to this that can really do work. I’m certain the random placements will become beneficial as to give an exploring aspect.

4. In-game Benchmark. Please. It would really make our lives easier to know how bad shadows are or how high we can stack our textures before we hit under 60 in crowded areas, or big parts with many, many props.

5. Lesser ammunition piles, more random Ammunition sacks/Random supplies placement. Let me just say I think it is ridiculous that we can just keep refilling ammunition almost every 3 minutes. It makes Bardin’s Ranger Veteran passive worthless as well. Ammo count being carried should matter on what subclass you play. More: Wayatcher, Ranger Veteran, Huntsman, and Bounty Hunter.

6. Show Collected Dice and Keys on Tab Screen. Better than to just try and remember. by User @SpongiePeanut

7. Temporary map blacklist for Quick Play after playing a map. This would make maps less boring to play since it’s only come to the majority of the time being the same map 3 times in a row. That sucks.

8. AI that isn’t ridiculous. I’m sure we’ve all come across those few AI specials that some how get to your group without a single hint of being close. Sometimes, bots don’t even yell the existence of one nearby as one would usually do. It’s plain heresy if you ask me.

9. Customizable Cross-hairs. They need to be in the game, for the sole purpose of many people aiming the way they please. It is of no doubt that this is a basic need. By @Tekut

10. Damage Taken stat on the info screen at the end of a match should be circled for the lowest number, not the highest. Self-explanatory. by @SpongiePeanut

11. Lesser LODs to make the game smoother. This here is a true need. But only for the aesthetic.

12. Make the Reward screen load up a bit faster. Clearly minor, but it takes up a lot of time. Just let us skip The chest rankings. by Reddit user u/Levitupper.

13. Don’t reigon lock our searches. That is all.

14. Rattling Gunner/Globadier to stop finding impossible pathing that allows projectiles to go through obstacles. Just. pls.

Reworks

1. Weapon Balance. Many weapons are just worthless compared to others that stand at the top. What I don’t understand why some weapons can’t just have a niche that another does. An example is Bardin’s Crossbow and Handgun. The Handgun seems to only get about 5% extra damage on headshots, while the crossbow pierces enemies. It’s as if using the Handgun was a mere aesthetic choice only. I’m saying there should be a few things weapons can do, and a lot of things it shouldn’t be able to do. Prime example is Bright Witch’s Beam staff.

2. Gameplay Level Balancing (cont.) The system for level difference is quite a mess, and thanks to @airee.shadow’s idea, it makes more sense. Such as Guild Wars 2, For each difficulty, there should be a Power cap, which should cause Higher level players to be set to the max power cap.

3. Rework of End-of-Level UI with stats. I’d like to see more stats, knowing my teammates have shot me, or if I healed the most. You get the picture. Something along the lines of a “top” tab, and a personal score tab-ish thing.

4. The Exotic/Red drop rate. Jesus H. Christ. I get you’re giving us knives here, but they come so rarely, we can’t even trade them. We can only show off our skins on here, steam, or reddit.

5. The General UI. Okay so, for most, this isn’t really a thing. But if you look closely, there’s many MANY holes. Things such as

• Crafting not telling us how many materials we have unless we search for it through our pages
  • Having no idea which weapons are in use while crafting
  • Having no Idea what our weapon’s EXACT stats are
  • Having no idea how much Crit chance I have, or how much Base health I have, or just Raw stats…
  • Not knowing what the heck is Power
  • Not being able to automatically sort our inventories for us Hoarders.
  1. General UI (_cont.). Lets go on about Combat.
  • The UI for teammates seems quite small, since the design is different as heck between my own Healthbar, and Items. Everything is different compared to my own. Something Slightly bigger would be great.

• When our heroes are busy bantering about, our subtitles are these tiny little words that are just too much. A scaling option for this AND COMBAT UI would be wonderful.

• I uh… Just this text from a reddit user that really makes sense. “Thank you for showing me every time that because I dared to host a game and fight through from start to finish, I don’t get a bonus that could push my reward chest category to a higher one. Thank you for letting me know that if somebody joins for the last 1 minute of the game, he gets this bonus while I do not, AND he gets to benefit from all the Tomes and Grims we fought for and with them in our pockets. Truly feels great!”

1. Give us the ability to pick SERVERS to search for people, instead of just local play only. I’d enjoy having randoms that weren’t just local singles in my area.

2. Fixing spawn and / AI director. It just feels random as hell, without end. There’s nothing more amazing than having random Specials spawn directly behind me. /s

3. Nothing would make a Hero happier than having Heroic deeds that were completely fair in return for completing them. Not a mere “Power max: 100” for some deadly bullshit that isn’t worth my time.

To be honest, I would add more, but I’m not too certain what else there could come to be. I’ll keep adding.

1 Like

Cosmetics. Yes, this is something mentioned more than enough, but the least I could do is rain words upon this. As we players seek the best of all items, we desire cosmetics to differ ourselves from others. Anything is acceptable as long as you’re not to follow the For Honor Formula of Spikes on everything. Whether you have common recolours, or scoffed armour, it should always make one another stand out slightly or extremely among others. Anything deeply into your little Fantasy game here would work, as long as it isn’t too MEME.

Uhm, there are completely different cosmetics already. The main problem is illusions, which are identical to non-illusions.

More weapon choices, More Niches. Right now, there’s barely any for each class, and sub class. All in all, there’s at least one weapon per class that power creeps the rest. I know there aren’t many choices as medieval based weapons are as little as can be. Short crossbows for our Dwarf Ranger. Throwing shivs for our Waywatcher Elf. a Triple barrel Flintlock for our Empire Soldier. Something, something viles like acid for our Witch Hunter. Heck if I know anything for the Bright Witch. Just a tad more Variety.

Actually, we already have more weapons than in vt1. Only Kerillian ranged weapons are the same amount as in VT1 (TF bow changed into volley crossbow for Shade). As for that ‘one weapon’ it is actually the result of high difficulties, where a lot of armored stuff is around. I don’t think new weapons are bad, but current weapons clearly need some rebalance to complement high difficulties.

Gameplay Level Balancing. This doesn’t make sense. So I’ll explain it. First off, players can just carry lower levels, due to higher damage in lower modes. That’s ridiculous. The ideal here is to balance the levels by making the highest level have lower damage, but still above average compared to the host. in this case: Host: Level 6, WayWatcher: Level 11. Host has 78 Power, and 13 has 200. Because the WW is clearly higher level, and higher in Power, a formula such as 200 x .73 / 1.5 would be applicable. 200 becomes 97. which is above average, but fair and balanced. This should only apply in a 5 level difference. People shouldn’t be able to match up with others 5 levels above themselves. Keep it fair and Balanced. (I won’t lie, this is pretty biased, but it needs more work.)

I don’t see any problems with that. Let’s say you’ve played over 9k hours in the game, and your fried just bought it. In your case, you won’t be able to play with him, because you have all characters 30 lvl. Make sense? Anyway, even at Champ difficulty it is very doubtful that you can carry the whole team just because of you level and power. Player experience is waaaaay more important here.

Additional Exp/Loot dice for killing bosses. Look, Bosses don’t really have weak spots, other than just hitting their softy spots. They do get harder, even after all the kiting, since they don’t die quickly, or easily.

I think it should be a chance. 100% drop of dice per boss is ridiculous on Champ and Legend where you can have up to 4 bosses per map. And yet you should not get more than two dices per map at all.

Future additional Bosses/Specials. Variety would be lovely for this game, as to make it more appealing, and less born-to-die. Perhaps Specials that aren’t Skaven?

Uhm, chaos warriors, storm sorcerers, leeches and other Chaos aren’t Skaven. But probably some more specials without crowd control won’t hurt a lot.

Versus. Clearly, this is a Deep Fantasy Left 4 Dead kind of game. Hit me up with that 4v4 and let me kill some people with Rats.

I will agree on this point, it’ll be fun. But clearly after core game is polished enough.

Survival Mode. Endless. Enemy power ramp-up the more waves you go in.

There was such mode in vt1 and actually it isn’t very fun for me. Lay on the ground, try not to die, die a lot :slight_smile:

More makeshift bombs. If L4D could make a pipe bomb, or a bile bomb, why can’t we get a cheese wheel filled with BlackPowder? /s But on an honest note, There should be more bombs.

I would like to see some bomb with slow effect.

Full map loading instead of Progressive map loading. Why is it not a thing? People tend to lag as they walk further in. That of course, happens if people don’t stop for a moment to let fps fix it’s shite.

Current map loading is pretty bugged. We had a lot of issues where patrol/boss/horde spawned literally on our heads. Very fun when playing on Champ.

Fixed spots, random placements for Tome/Grimoire. Let’s be honest. The majority of people head on rush for these so Exp and loot is a big big yes. Why not have these randomly placed in fixed spots? Heck, make it harder to get them, to the point where players have to make the decision to either take it or leave it. I don’t know how exactly, but there’s surely an addition to this that can really do work. I’m certain the random placements will become beneficial as to give an exploring aspect.

Just no. Ain’t nobody got time for exploring on Champ and Legend.

Lesser ammunition piles, more random Ammunition sacks/Random supplies placement. Let me just say I think it is ridiculous that we can just keep refilling ammunition almost every 3 minutes. It makes Bardin’s Ranger Veteran passive worthless as well. Ammo count being carried should matter on what subclass you play. More: Wayatcher, Ranger Veteran, Huntsman, and Bounty Hunter.

It is fine on higher difficulties. You have more specials, you need more ammo to kill them.

Prime example is Bright Witch’s Beam staff.

I’m not sure what is wrong with it. It is not op, and it is quite useful too. Bolt staff is better though, but if you have troubles with aim, you can control enemies with beam.

I don’t see any problems with that. Let’s say you’ve played over 9k hours in the game, and your fried just bought it. In your case, you won’t be able to play with him, because you have all characters 30 lvl. Make sense? Anyway, even at Champ difficulty it is very doubtful that you can carry the whole team just because of you level and power. Player experience is waaaaay more important here.

As I mentioned about the Gameplay Level Balancing. It is quite biased, and needs more work. I just couldn’t push another ideal out. There just needs to be a fair play here, because people can just boost others without thinking. Kinda boring instead of saucy enjoyment!

I think it should be a chance. 100% drop of dice per boss is ridiculous on Champ and Legend where you can have up to 4 bosses per map. And yet you should not get more than two dices per map at all.

I never really considered loot dice to be 100% drop for the bossing. That’d be broken.

Uhm, chaos warriors, storm sorcerers, leeches and other Chaos aren’t Skaven. But probably some more specials without crowd control won’t hurt a lot.

I meant more non skaven specials that are along the lines of Our chaos friendos

Just no. Ain’t nobody got time for exploring on Champ and Legend.

About the Random placement of tomes/grims… I get higher difficulties mean rush-grab and no time to search. But it’s practically a no brainer. I don’t see much reason for this not to be a thing. But I’ll take to it. I’m just sayin’ that there should be more difficulty to getting them, but more of a reward. :wink:

It is fine on higher difficulties. You have more specials, you need more ammo to kill them.

I won’t say you’re wrong, but it does become a bit too much of a static thing as you progress.

I’m not sure what is wrong with it. It is not op, and it is quite useful too. Bolt staff is better though, but if you have troubles with aim, you can control enemies with beam.

She can snipe, use a crit bug to melt bosses/enemies, and clear trash real fast. She’s a really strong character as we go on.

I meant more. More than just one or two sets. That’s all. :slight_smile:

Thanks for feedback! Anything else you’d see to adding?

As I mentioned about the Gameplay Level Balancing. It is quite biased, and needs more work. I just couldn’t push another ideal out. There just needs to be a fair play here, because people can just boost others without thinking. Kinda boring instead of saucy enjoyment!

I would take a system from guild wars 2. Just have a cap for each difficulty, and if a player has more power than the cap, just cut the power to the cap. Anyway, in such system there will be always a way to boost new players on lower difficulties. But again, I don’t think there is an issue at all, since it is not a pvp game. You need a player skill and understanding the game mechanics to play on Champ and Legend, not only gear.

I never really considered loot dice to be 100% drop for the bossing. That’d be broken.

Ah, you just don’t mentioned it. In this case, it is completely fine :slight_smile:

I meant more non skaven specials that are along the lines of Our chaos friendos

Why not, if they aren’t crowd control ones :slight_smile:

About the Random placement of tomes/grims… I get higher difficulties mean rush-grab and no time to search. But it’s practically a no brainer. I don’t see much reason for this not to be a thing. But I’ll take to it. I’m just sayin’ that there should be more difficulty to getting them, but more of a reward.

It will take much more work to balance the whole game. You see, the loot is the core thing of this game. Tomes and grims are affecting the loot. Current difficulties are balanced (well, Legend is not balanced, but let’s forget about this for a while) for static locations. Therefore, if you change tomes and grims system, you will need to change half of the game. I really doubt that this be ever made in this game, it has much more other problems to fix.

As for me, beam staff is outplayed by bolt staff at Champ. Glaive for Kerillian is the only option on Legend. And other such things. Looks like current weapons system is balanced for based on difficulties. I do agree that beam staff is OP on Veteran. But then you move on and your staff is pumpkin :frowning:

I meant more. More than just one or two sets. That’s all.

I would love to see that :slight_smile: