Fatshark, you NEED to remove the locks

There are ways to make it fair. Let us spend a number of resources to remove a lock. There is currently no big diamantine sink. Let us use the diamantine to unlock weapons and curios. Getting something with the correct stat allocation is already difficult enough. To have perks and blessings lock only further frustrate us players. One bad blessing or perk can make your curio or weapon useless. Please consider removing the locks.

22 Likes

A thread about this exact thing already exists.

5 Likes

Yeah well it seems everything is falling on deaf ears. Perhaps they need constant reminders.

7 Likes

True.
Well, we should try to always keep at least one of the threads somewhere at the top. :smiley:
At some point, they basically have to address it.

2 Likes

Oh… the “remove the lock” thread of the week…

Good luck… there are just 900 posts about that around in this forum.
I guess yours will be handled differently and that they will remove it when they will introduce the next patch

Of the afternoon, you mean?

No, terrorist, you are not going to endanger the Ineffable Design! Never!

Edited: I really appreciate whoever flags my posts, but I would prefer to know the reasons. Of course, if you are a CM, please let me know so that I can just leave the forum.

Hey, if we’re getting a thread per week that’s pretty good. We gotta give them metrics somehow. Mangers and higher ups like that right? Tangible numbers, pie charts and graphs, power points… lets give em as much feedback as possible, frequently, so that it’s constantly there and a point of discussion for every meeting.

If they’re never ever going to remove it fine. But at least say it! Set us free, let us go! Free me from clinging to this hope of things changing and going to the forums looking for salvation!

Let the locks go, or let my people go!

(These lyrics are more relevant than I thought seeing Ramesses II as Fat shark).

3 Likes

Catfish on the comms link did say that the devs were discussing player forwarded concerns. While I don’t have much faith in them actually ripping out and revamping the systems to something we want, I do think it’s good to keep bringing things up because tweaks can work their way in. Are those “discussions” going to actually give us something productive? Probably not, but I hope so. I want to love this game so badly lmao, so I’m going to keep doing what I can to hopefully get the game to that point. VT2 over the course of a year or two definitely got some significant refinements that improved the game significantly, so I’m hopeful that can happen here too.

1 Like

They’ve been discussing for about 5 months now.

1 Like

They sure have. But being told that they’re talking about it is at least a step ahead of “This is the final design and have moved on to other systems”. Even though I talk a lot of sht on here I’m definitely hopeful for change for the better and until we outright are told “no” I’ll keep hoping and poking & prodding to make sure that at least it stays in the conversation.

Fatshark has always been glacially slow, so I’m not surprised if it takes them months to figure out and implement a solution.

2 Likes

And given us the dev blog after the discussion, so…

I think that they have identified that the time needed to get something is a problem (especially if you don’t play in damnation, something that a causal player won’t do).
I doubt they will remove the locks, but there are alternative solutions.

As I said, sooner or later, I always get what I want. But I play too much.
We need that casual players can take pleasure in the game and, step by step, spend more time in it.
As I said before, that’s why I would propose this: