Fatshark is Using Aquilas to Skirt Laws

Woha! This is quite unclear ingame!
Thank you for the clarification!

Now we just need a way to either pay with real money (no Aquilas) or the ability to buy ONLY the amount needed for a specific skin (so e.g. 900 Aquilas for the Preacher Premium Skin Mask).

1 Like

THIS.

The shop in Darktide is psychological manipulation ONLY.

• Premium Currency
  • Timed skins
  • Prices do not match Aquilas per pack

All this could be scrapped for real money prices and sales, it would give players transparency and options, without being manipulative.
Plus, just because dark patterns are not illegal yet is no reason to use them. Why use cheap and mean tricks, instead running a honest business? Fatshark did it so well with Vermintide 2, but here they failed big time.

4 Likes

They said that the custom aquila amount as coming soon.

Do keep in mind that they also said they’ll be earned ingame, that there will be 70 weapons, private lobbies, crafting, etc.
I don’t give their words a whole lot of credit.

1 Like

Can I undo my purchase/refund my aquilas and buy only the one item from the bundle which I wanted since this wasn’t clear at all at time of purchase?

I know, still, thank you for pointing it out.

But really, it should already be in the game - at the same time the shop has gone live. The sad truth: Premium currency should not be in the game in the first place.
Real money prices. Like in Vermintide 2. No premium currency.
I could be so easy.

1 Like

If this content was being done through steam’s store you can get steam to refund you, but Fatshark is using an in-game store that isn’t beholden to steam’s refund policies. At best you can try reaching out to a Customer Service representative. @FatsharkJulia comes to mind.

3 Likes

I know one or two people have brought it up already, but this is literally how most mainstream MMOs sell their currency nowadays, hell, it has been for a long time. You pay for a certain amount of premium currency and then get to spend it as you see fit. While I agree that it would always be better to simply get to directly pay for what you want, it’s really not the way it’s done anymore for the majority of online games.

Because many use psychological manipulation in their games, FS should also use it? There a countries where killing people is ok, if they wear something wrong.
We should strife upwards, being better, not taking examples of the low and malicious.

VT2 had a honest shop system, FS should return to it. Add Darktide to this system. Scrap all the dark patterns they deploy.

2 Likes

What? are you telling me you hid the purchase individually option so that I would guess 80%+ of your player base has no idea they can buy just the bit they want

FFS I wasted aquillas because I thought I had to buy the bundle full!

1 Like