Extreme game speed issues

Hiya all, as of about a week ago I’ve begun to consistently experience horrendous game speed issues which I haven’t seen before. Running with an 8700k and GTX1080ti, with super low settings as I’m a tryhard and value high fps ( enforcing a cap at 120). As of a week ago and seemingly without cause, after several minutes in any match (quickplay, FoW, chaos wastes) on both official realm and modded the fps will drop from 120 to between 20 and 30 and the game speed will start to vary, becoming slow and incredibly hard to play, then lurching rapidly faster and stabilising again. Making the game near unplayable. I’ve added no new mods, have disabled all mods in both realms to enact testing, have done a fresh reinstall of the game, reinstalled gpu drivers, hit every base I can think of from a technical point and to no avail. Hoping maybe hedge or julia will have a suggestion or some information for me as I’m out of ideas and can’t seem to explain the sudden death of running vt2. Love and dead clan rats to you all

I’d like to see if something running in the background is interfering with Vermintide 2 - please try a ‘Selective Startup’:

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  6. Launch Vermintide 2 as normal, and see if the issue persists

Hiya Julia,

I’ve done what you listed, rebooted and hopped back into playing - game loaded up and played normally, about 7 minutes into a private match the game speed issues reappeared. The only recent crash logs I’ve received have either been the acknowledged ones that have occurred recently or the game launcher crashes I listed a while back so I don’t have anything new or exciting to post from that angle either I’m afraid

Is there any whirring or unusual noises inside your PC’s case when these speed issues occur?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.