Everything and everyone are OP, so now what?

I disagree with that.

Recruit and Vet objectively are. Champion is the first difficulty level where any braindead player can’t just hold W and spam left click with whatever weapon they have, as not dodging an overhead is already quite punishing. It is the first floor that teaches game mechanics.

And I think this is a good thing. I think Champion is the first time you actually start learning about the synergies - mostly looking out for what deals damage to what, what cleaves what, what staggers what, etc. The downside I see to this is players getting used to staggering monks out of a combo with a hammer to the face, which doesn’t work as well in Legend or Cata.

Agreed. This is not only a problem of difficulties not being challenging, but why they aren’t.

So do you mean scrap Recruit, take current Vet and call it Recruit, take current Champ and call it Vet, etc. ? Cause the way I see it, the game isn’t balanced around any difficulty - or rather the weapons and talents are (supposed to be) balanced between themselves and then the difficulties are balanced around the game.

1 Like