Error when starting the game

‘XINPUT1_4.dll is missing from your computer.’

Imgur

Verified game files and I’m still getting the same error.

2 Likes

same here, already got 3 other dudes with the same error message

1 Like

On it! Apologies for this.

3 Likes

same here.

1 Like

Wonder if anyone without the issue can search the game file and see which folder it’s usually in.

This will be a 100% issue for all users on the now (unsupported by M$) Windows 7, as julia noted above, a fix is forthcoming.

3 Likes

is this something like in the next few hours or so ? save me losing any sleep waiting.

2 Likes

@captaincrunch Not sure what we’re looking at yet ETA-wise, I hope by the end of the workday so within the next 6ish hours.

1 Like

@Kitten it’s located in the \windows\system32 folder, but don’t even try. I’ve already put several different version of the .dll in there, but you only get another error message after doing that. Also EAC starts complaining.

EDIT: Thx to Lady Onion, i was able to get the game running anyway. Her version of the DLL worked for me. It’s : 3.4.1.1357. Put that in the system32 or vt2 launcher folder and it will work.

1 Like

Hey Guys

A quick fix that worked for me was to copy the current xinput1_3.dll in system32 directory and rename the copy xinput1_4.dll

So under C:\Windows\System32\ you’ll have xinput1_3.dll and xinput1_4.dll (which is a copy of xinput1_3.dll).

Loads up fine now.

• SneZ
2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve waited long enough that I don’t mind waiting for the patch though. Just chilling and watching this:

Thanks! That worked!

1 Like

HOTFIX is liiive

2 Likes

thank you.

maybe its time to move to windows 10…

1 Like

hello i have a problem every time i turn on the game we show beckend error and the game shuts down

1 Like

Not sure if they’re getting notifs for this thread, and this is a different issue:

@FatsharkJulia

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.