DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Blue Screen

Hello There,
Since (the last DLC release/I changed my mouse) I am getting a blue screen (with code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) only in vermintide 2. I tried many other games for many hours (Just Cause 4, Rainbow 6 Siege, PUBG) and I’m not getting any blue screens while playing these. I am not getting the blue screen while playing with Bardin-ironbreaker(I mainly use Drakegun and not go into too much close combat) but getting the blue screen with characters like Bardin-Slayer/Kerillian-Shade where I go into close combat too much and use a left click macro on my mouse (I can’t tell if it is related but I am getting the bluescreen while I am using the macro). My mouse is Razer Mamba Elite and I am using Razer Synapse for the macro. I tried my old mouse and I didn’t get the blue screen for 2 hours. So somehow this macro and vermintide 2 combination is triggering this crash. I also tried some steps I found on the web like updating drivers or using standard SATA AHCI controller, that are generally related with this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and they didn’t work.

My System:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
BIOS: F.08
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs)
8GB RAM
DirectX 12
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design (6GB memory)

It’s a tricky one, but by your own investigations it seems related to the macro you’re using, so we suggest avoiding using that or trying something like AHK if you’re after a left click macro.

By further investigation, I realised the crash is triggered when Razer Synapse 3.0 is installed. After deleting Synapse 3.0 I am no longer getting the crash even when I am using the macro without the software. I also tried reinstalling the software but it is still giving the crash.

I am also wondering if it is possible that game and Razer Synapse combination is causing the crash. Is there anybody using razer synapse with a similar macro like mine and not getting any crashes or getting it ? Or maybe someone with Synapse 3 and razer mouse can try it for the sake of Sigmar so we can understand if it is happening in all synapse users so devs may solve it that way.

I am actually looking for experienced Razer Synapse users who may experienced similar problems and how did u guys solved the problem ? Because not using Synapse is a big NO NO for me as u r unable to use all the properties of mouse like Chroma lighting/editing macros and so on.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.