Does the Ogryn talent 'Payback Time' increase ranged damage too?

Title. I know it only activates when you receive melee damage and its description says “+20% damage for 5s after being hit by a melee attack”. I know it enhances melee damage, and since the tooltip says that it’s a general damage buff, it should enhance ranged damage too. But Fatshark has such a way with tooltips being outright misleading that I’d love if anyone could clarify with certainty.

I’ve been testing around with the Grenade Gauntlet a lot recently, and I want to try and push it to its limits in any way I can.

(In case you’re curious: So far I’ve come to the conclusion that Pinpointing Target and Shattering Impact is probably the best Blessing combo you can get if you just want to dish out as much damage as possible in a hurry, outdoing combos like Pinpointing Target+Blaze Away and Blaze Away+Shattering Impact)

According to this guide: Steam Community :: Guide :: [1.3.x] Ogryn Talents & Mechanics

stat buff: damage

When taking a damaging melee hit or blocking a melee hit, increases any damage by 20% for 5s; stacks additively with other related damage buffs. Can be refreshed during active duration.

The buff to damage is listed separately from melee_damage from other talents, so it’s probably all damage.

5 Likes

Thank you for the clarification! After all the testing I’ve done in the Psykhanium, I’ve come to the conclusion that it buffs ranged damage too! That’s a relief.

Yes as Proto said, it’s a global damage separate from melee or range, the 1.20 on 2nd line shows it procced.
P.S. It also procs if you block the swing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.