Does the Health increase as the Hero Power increases?

Oke My zealot setup has 180 hp with amulet obviously giving 20 % so even with double grim you won’t be even close to 6-20 hp, infact you will be at 72 HP which is 3 times the value you are giving here.
So you are trading around 30 hp for permanent 4 stacks even when fully healed with 2 grims which is pretty massive difference.

Do you even know what I’m talking about? It doesn’t seem like it… 2 grims + curse of the rat, even on Zealot is around 15HP or less if I remember correctly. Good luck surviving, lol.

At the end of the day, you are literally arguing against a shield of Temp HP that you can fill very easily with zealot, even with out his ULT. 32% more health or 6 seconds off the ULT. It IS a no brainer.

Do I have to mention for the 3rd time, that even with Curse resistance, you still have max damage stacks?

Are we talking about twitch mode now ? can you be consistent with your arguments at least ? Last i checked we were having comparison to

Where your curse resistance setup wont make you to be at 15 hp.

Go reread my post. I’ve said it since the first reply, 2 grims + curse of the rat? Do you need glasses?

Either way, more HP, or 6 seconds off ULT.

This is where i answered to.

So at least for me my glasses are working perfectly fine you just decided to change the parameters middle of an argument but ye guess we done then.
Just closing note ye i guess it could be different for twich mode or onslaught or others but since this originated from normal gameplay + deeds i really have no idea beyond those what the gameplay is like.

Read directly below that post. As I have already stated, if you just want to do normal QP or deeds. It’s fine… The build will work. Once you start doing harder challenges, you will want that extra HP. There’s no reason not to have it. Especially with curse of the rat and much hard difficulties like on the modded relm.

As for people before saying, I don’t take CR because I try not to get hit. Good luck avoiding 4 ratlings gunners that get spawned ontop of you XD

I’m clearly still missing it somehow or you haven’t bothered to state it more clearly. Only thing i see in the original post is mention of QP legend and once you start doing double HP, double damge its not viable ?

Whatever we clearly not communicating about the same thing anymore and its getting off topic already.

You literally responded to my 6hp answer multiple times, in which I stated “Curse of the rat”. I’ve said multiple times, harder difficulties. I’ve said multiple times now, your no CR build will work for normal Legend QP. Perhaps we are just not understanding each other.

Either way, can you sell me no Curse Resistance. Give me a viable reason for taking 32% less hp for 6 seconds off the ULT?

Yes i missed it and again we are talking about difficulty here which is not exactly part of what most people play so obviously i missed this “curse of the rat”. Again i won’t try to pretend to know anything about this but from general QP / Deed gameplay its viable and yes we are on the page again.

(and apologies for my uneducated comments seems i was the one who was just being too rushy here)

1 Like

No worries, the forum is for discussions. I was just trying to pick your brain and figure out your reasoning. I’ve come across a lot of information which is just plain wrong and multiple people keep reposting it and trying to make it true. That’s why I was trying to figure out the exact reasons for your build. I mean, to be fair, you could run a 2 handed sword WS with team regen and swift bow. You could complete missions with it. But when people start saying it’s the best build, I have to ask why.

I’ve got well over 1000 hours, every red unlocked which allows me to test a lot of builds and try different things. So when people tell me something that just sounds plain wrong, and I’ve tested it before. I have to get their reasoning, perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Here we are. Assuming things. I’m at 230 deeds at the moment done in legend. I’m near 900 hours myself. Did usual hypertwitch or fortunes of war and a bunch of levels done on onslaught.

So ‘no’ it’s not wrong. You can obviously play curse resist if you want but even on usual characters you don’t ‘have to’. So please refrain to use the term ‘facts’ when you mean ‘belief’ or ‘what you think’.

Temp hp goes away, so the 33% part that you absolutely want to ‘fill your bar’ is indeed not as interesting (in my opinion but also some others as well) as ‘generating temp hp when you need to’. Which is why you usually pick 30% more heal.

Now please, stop being angry because I’m trying to explain you things (without dismissing you btw). This attitude is not a good way to have a discussion.

Edit : Curse of rat doesn’t last long enough to require a build against this. And if you’re doing hypertwitch, you don’t need thoses 2 grimoires anyway, 1 should be enough to cover possibles breakpoints

Oof… for someone with so many hours and who plays hypertwitch you sure are way off. Good luck with 6HP on most classes when curse of the rat kicks in. You can play however you want, but it’s not good advice and I wouldn’t advise anyone else to play this way.

Ofc you take 30% more heal on necklace, or barkskin. No one is disputing that… 30% more healing helps with temp health generation. Which you will have more of if you take curse resistance.

I’m not angry lol… and you’re not explaining anything to me, you’re just giving bad advice.

It doesn’t last long enough for you to get hit once? Really… I guess you are indeed an absolute professional. Is this aory? Or jsat? And ofc you take both grims and all tomes. It’s about the challenge, unless we’re playing for different reasons. Which I stated before is fine. Your build works great for normal QP and deeds. Even if it’s not built for maximum performance. As I said, you can take a WS with a 2 handed sword, team regen and a swift bow if you want. That’s doesn’t mean it’s meta or a good idea.

At the end of the day, your build doesn’t have any more damage stacks than mine. It does have a lot less HP and a 6 second difference in ULT time. You are trading your tanky HP which you can use to clutch in the face of team wipes or other unforseen circumstances. As a decent player, you should have no problem keeping your temp HP completely full.

Ok le’ts do this then.

On a usual run you’re not hit by elites overheads (or at least you shouldn’t) but by usual vermins and ‘berserkers’, sometimes you take a bit of damage from flames and gaz. This is the damage you need to cover. Damage that is not affected by ‘double elite life and damage’ except for berserkers.

So the biggest threat in a double health double damage run is mostly berserkers (they are fast to hit, less visible than the big overhead that you can dodge even with grandma reflexes and can be easily protected from your hits by some vermin during hordes).
Curse of rat is one of the many events that can happen during a run. The debuff last like 1 mn and you can actually not take a hit during thoses seconds but you still have your passive that can kicks in. No need to be our lord and savior j_sat to manage this. You have a very powerful tool named dodge.
Now a 10% cooldown actually helps providing more damage to kill the key targets by having your ult (which gives attack speed) ready faster. But hey don’t take it for granted there’s another option, the 30% stamina recovery, which help you to recover the stamina needed for your pushed attack.
So both options actually and factually provides more damage overall than your 33% curse resist.
Unless you actually die, then you don’t provide damage at all, we agree.
Now if I look at the way I usually die (I’m far from perfect), 10 more hp usually wouldn’t have saved me. It’s usually bad placement on my end. This is also the death cause I see for most of my teammates.

If it’s the case for you, then, indeed, go for curse resist. There’s no problem with this. But zealot, in my opinion, is probably the career that doesn’t really need it even if you’re not so good with him.

Vermintide builds are a matter of versatility and adapting your build to your situation.

On a side note :
Short bow actually helped our team cover 2 windows at once for the ‘no window broken challenge’, something a long bow or a hagbane couldn’t have done.

So dismissing weapons (like shortbow) without actually try to use them in order to play ‘the meta’ for whatever reason also means you lose the versatility you could need to currently adapt your playstyle when you need it. For another example, flamethrower isn’t really useful in normal legend run because hordes are not a threat. As you get into onslaught/deathwish, bringing one is not bad idea anymore since hordes becomes a relevant threat.

So we agree then when it comes to normal legend. Play what you want. Still, saying that other classes don’t need to run CR either is a bit of a stretch. A WS with no CR will have around 40HP with both grims, and 6 hp when the Curse of rat kicks in. Even with 40 hp, a single slave rat can down you from behind.

Zealot is a very forgiving classes with it’s passives and temp hp generation. When it comes to modded relm or twitch deeds. Having that extra hp is worth it. I guess we just simply don’t agree on that point. And it’s not 10hp difference my friend, you have 107 HP with curse resistance, compared to 72 without when having 2 grims, and around 15-18 with curse of the rat and no CR. As for stamina regen instead, I’ve never been in an instance where I need stamina that would of saved my life. 9 times out 10, with proper positioning and dodging, the stamina is just there for push attacks to transition into the side to side swipe with A&F for max temp hp regen.

I didn’t dispute that other weapons off the meta can fill a roll. But would you really run 2hand sword WS with team regen and swiftbow for legend 5/5 twitch Double damage, double HP twitch? You could, but it would make it a lot harder than necessary. And I’m not dismissing weapons, especially the Elf weapons. I have tried them a lot. I have around 600 hours exclusively on the WS and HM. You can make elf jokes at my expense now, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. I think we can probably all agree that it depends on the content being played and the players decision if bringing curse resist is worth it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.