Do we expect some kind of response?

Despite our differences I love how people are truly engaged in all those discussions over Darktide beta. We might disagree in certain aspects but we all aim at the same goal that is making this game something better.

So my question is: Do we expect some king of an answer from Fatshark?

Considering player commitment we can notice at this forum I believe we do.
Maybe some kind of a post, here or on steam. Maybe a YT video. Nothing to fancy, maybe something like:

“Thanks for feedback. We were able to narrow your concerns to following issues: X, Y, Z. X will be dealt with before launch. Y will be dealt with later on (patches, DLC, how?) and Z will never be changed (ie. we like it the way it is or the engine limitations are such that we cannot change Z). Currently we focus on … and put all our efforts into … . Again thank you all.”

I know the story behind VT2 development and I somehow remember VT1. But I believe I’m not asking for much and it would be nice to know that we don’t just write all those things for nothing.

10 Likes

No.

6 Likes

I’d be surprised to learn that Fatshark even looks at community feedback.

9 Likes

From spending a lot of time on these forums I can say the community managers definitely do. How much weight that feedback has when passed on to the Devs is anyone’s guess.

6 Likes

It’ll take time for them to review all the input, present this in a meaningful way to their teams, have those teams absorb the information and theorize on what they can do, discuss with the larger teams that might be involved, look at everything from the top down as a whole, prioritize the situations, iterate further, communicate again with the wider team, iterate more, and then maybe we’ll start receiving such things. It’s been 4 working days. Give them a minute :wink:

1 Like

Expect, no. Would appreaciate, yes :slight_smile:

We do know from previous statements that they are a bit cautious when responding to feedback in order to not make too many promises either of timeframes or end results.

1 Like

That’s something I’m curious about. Some kind of message saying they are at least trying to compile what we are writing here would be nice.

2 Likes

agreed
even a business style message:
thanks for the feedback you gave about
bla bla bla

we will think about this

would be good

I agree with the OP, yes it has only been a few days. But before launch i would love to see something to explain what they plan on doing going forward.

I think the only response we actually need is the state of the game on release

1 Like

In this case we won’t know if what we are writing here has any impact on what the game will look like till release. I guess it would be good to know if we should care to write more stuff.

You see some responses on Reddit occasionally, but that’s really all I can think of. My guess is they’ll wait for about two weeks, since the internet can’t remember being mad about anything for longer than that, then they’ll release a locked post.

The only response so far is from the PR department and now they have gone and shut down all the feedback for the beta… This is going to be worse than the VT2 launch

1 Like

I’d like to see monthly updates on the issues raised on the forum with explained plans on fixing them. Here is my dream feedback I did for another thread that I’d like to see on day 1 regarding the melee meta and ranged combat in general. All of the stuff I mentioned would only take a few days to change, fix or completely remove from the game not to bloat the gameplay with intrusive mechanics.

Good morning rejects!
It’s about time you got back to work. Here is a list of many changes that were made in reaction to your feedback and the statistics that we tracked.

Lets talk about guns shall we? This is a Warhammer horde shooter we are talking about so let’s get down to business shall we? The first major change to ranged combat is that you no longer are penalized for dodging with your ranged weapon. We heard your feedback and that it restricted your gameplay options and severly limited the potential of autopistols and shotguns (who were much often used as sniper rifles in the beta).

You can now reload as you run to keep up your tempo and not stay behind your friends who prefer a more “hands on” approach of combat. If you can slide and reload then you should definitely be able to run and reload either.

We fixed the bug which made all players stop firing their weapon as they aimed in and out with their guns. This was definitely not a poorly implemented system to make players think that the gunplay is clunky and not responsive instead of being quick and fluid. Definitelly not :slight_smile: .

Ranged kills now restore toughness just like melee kills do since you’re even more prone to being fired upon when not hidden inside of a poxwalker swarm. Now everyone can stay in the fight longer no matter if they expose themselves to more ranged fire or melee attacks. No longer do you have to lose your height advantage and a good angle on the enemy as you chase around your teammates to restore your toughness.

We have also taken into the account that height sliders rendered many covers put on the maps completely useless. This is why we are introducing a new system that will drastically decrease AI’s accuracy as it tries to pick you off when you’re behind the cover. Veteran sharpshooters can now function as they’re supposed to on the heresy difficulty.

Finally we are happy to announce that ranged weapons can be fitted with a flashlight and also at the same time a special action such as a bayonet charge or special ammunition. It’s better when your weapon is fun and practical at the same time than it being one or the other.

This is for our part one of our ranged combat mechanics overhaul or as we like to call it. Expect more changes as we go through more of your feedback and see how you react to the changes. On to the next subject of …

2 Likes

That lasted all of 5 months or so when they tried it with V2.

Since I work in a multi / corporate environment, all of Fatshark’s stock responses are old acquaitances, since I use some of them myself to bullsh*t away time when I don’t want to do what people ask of me.
One of the iconic sayings of my worst manager was “the chance is not zero” which - technically - is true, even if it’s 0,alotofzeroshere1%
This is why whatever improvement was in the communication in the past 1,5 years I skipped here, I see nothing new or improved. FS remained FS, both what was good and what was bad.

The writing on the FS fanbois tombstone will say “FS will fix it”

Well you know good old boy program going strong. Just keep feeding cash in to the PR department will solve all problems with the game.