Did they revert dogs to an older build?

It felt a little bit better to push/dodge dogs with the 'lag compensation patch" but it seems that its no longer the case ?

No matter how clean your dodge/pushes might be they seem to randomly ignore it sometimes, it’s absolutely frustrating when you’re about to clutch.

I can deal with the occasional mutie rubberband grab when you 100% dodged it or trapper netting thru stairs, but this needs a fix or an upgrade to the pentium II servers.

Anyone experiencing this ?

7 Likes

they messed up a lot of things with the last patch and then they just peaced on out

12 Likes

Playing with 100+ ms latency at best over here and doggos are clunky by nature: fast movement, erratic animations and lock-ins (when they grab you).
I don’t really know if it’s been much better but if I can regularly push and dodge them, it’s wildly inconsistent.
I don’t think this can be changed if they keep the same behavior - as they seem mechanically dependent on low latency.
Comparatively, hunters in Left 4 Dead 2 are simpler and easier to manage. But L4D2 does not offer elaborate gameplay mechanics. Despite the issues and witnessing BS behaviors/movements, I still prefer what DT offers, including doggos :laughing:

1 Like

My mates and I are with you. They seemed to revert whatever patches they had to make dogs behave better. Full jank is back on the menu:

• Space dog program relaunched: they can fly into the air and then immediately pounce upon landing.
  • Staggering can be ignored: pushing or shotgun blast to their face can have zero effect. Sometimes resulting in permanently unstaggerable dogs (even with nades) that you have to melee to death when its pinned someone.
  • Dodging is a dice roll: dogs can teleport sideways to pin you.

Dogs are probably our number one complaint about the actual gameplay.

7 Likes

Always remember:

That said, I like em janked up. They essentially now have a random chance to just not directly jump you, but fly off to the sky. Just don’t stand under them when they land or they will still pounce you. Should be a gameplay feature boostable with curios.

+20% chance of pox hounds being absorbed into the warp

1 Like

Having any sort of disabler act so erratically is not a good thing even if you personally like it. Inconsistencies in behaviour lead to more frustrations more often than not. There’s a limit to randomness.

2 Likes

Dogs and mutants feel worse to me. Mutants it feels like a 50/50 whether or not i actually dodge them when i very clearly am clear out of their way on my end. The mutant changes suck imo, they’re a lot less telegraphed on who they’re targetting. Also now they will just stand in place yelling because they cant figure out how to track the person they want (im guessing). But yeah dogs are just jank, they launch into orbit all the time, dodging them is completely useless, they can get stagger immunity sometimes when they pounce on someone and shoving them mid lunge is impossible.

3 Likes

It feels like the only way to “reliably” avoid muties and dogs now is to dodgeslide, where a simple dodge worked before. It can break the flow of the game especially in shock troop gauntlet when you have 5 disablers coming for you, and dodgesliding burns 2 counts it effectively halves your mobility.

1 Like

Dogs and mutants were reverted. Also there are more shooty boys now and they reverted to shooting more in meelee range. I think the shotgunners reverted to meelee shooting too. I don’t think any of this was intended, I also don’t think anyone at FS is competent in anything.

1 Like

In VT2, they were actually working on a different version of the game than the ones the players had in their hands without realizing it for a while

I don’t think Fatshark is full of incompetent people, but it’s definitely incompetently managed.

3 Likes

They had serious version control issues too, major patches tended to reintroduce previously fixed bugs and it seems like it’s continuing with Darktide.

1 Like

Important to point out that Mutants weren’t fully reverted, just readjusted with new turn rate speed that messed up all of their behaviors. They were so slow at one point that you could literally strafe to the side without dodging or sliding and they still wouldn’t be able to grab you.

Now they can teleport-180-suplex you with their back facing to you or instant transmission you on the corners because the turn rate bugs out the AI’s lock-on decisions.

This is just how they were at game launch. I prefer them this way over being entirely impotent cannonfodder.

Legitimately starting to think they did the VT2 blunder where they mixed up the versions of the game they’re working on again.

1 Like

Intresting, I’ve also noticed that dog tend to act ouf of control again, with dodges resulting only in a dog pinning your down in a slightly angled position. I blamed it on my own skill or nonchalancy in dodges.
And of course: doggos go to the moon again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.