Diamantine

Everyone has too much, why cant we use it to break the locks, first lock cost something like 1000, the second 3000 or something.

Or even use it to transfer weapons/curios to other our alts.

3 Likes

you’re about to get memorialized.

4 Likes

RIP, I’m just burnt out, 400 hours in and still haven’t acquired a single perfect weapon, and it doesn’t seem closer now than it was 200 hours ago, I won’t lie, I would settle for a weapon with the stats I want even if the traits and blessings aren’t maxed out.

3 Likes

That’s entirely what I have done. I have no 4/4 blessing weapons. This is literally my best couple of rolls.

Good enough for sure. I don’t really think about it anymore to be honest. Why engage with a system when the system doesn’t want to be engaged with? its more than good enough to win any damnation game I play.

3 Likes

My zealot has good enough weapons. but switching to other characters feels meh, the worst part is that all the materials I collected on my main can’t be shared with the others, so I have to re-grind for each character.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this game, but the lock system is severely flawed IMHO, the worst feeling is playing for a week, then trying my luck by upgrading some brunt weapons, first I need a decent roll, then I upgrade the weapons, always been a waste of time and resources, if darktide didn’t have one of the best gaming experiences ever, I would’ve been gone a few hours in, but the gameplay is amazing.

2 Likes

its almost like they don’t want you to have good gear, even though you paid for the game?

yup

3 Likes

@brosgw
Do the thing :smiley:
Soul nr 335 or something.

3 Likes

I think that is the point with the items, perfect ones supposed to be really rare finds.

I agree, they should be rare. But not hundreds of hours of playtime rare - that’s just nuts. Right now, the gameplay itself feels super fun, but at the same time, I feel like I have no progression whatsoever gear-wise.

1 Like

Personally I have around 6-7 hundred hours in the game. Hard to say how much because of the crash launcher sometimes staying on, cranking hours. In any case its a lot. I have no perfect weapons. I am fine with that because I play fine without them. But what I am not fine with is being unable, truly unable, to experiment with builds.

2 Likes

@Aakm I am here to induct you, and your thread, into the memorial.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t need perfect weapons. I want specific blessings and perks because I want more builds for my characters. I want to try new things, not play the same build over and over again. And quite often, I get a big stinking pile of nothing after grinding a couple of days for mats and attempting to craft something new. And it’s quite discouraging. Like, how come you can play the game for like 10-20 hours straight and get no results whatsoever? This is just stupid.

2 Likes

I have just beyond 300 hours playing time spread around between 4 characters of different classes. Got 2 maxed weapons maybe with 360+ stats. They are a bit off-beat in in usage and their stats aren’t typical either, for example the ogryn Kickback is crit-pumped. They are not super effective, but are fun and work as intended. I haven’t had the fortune to roll a single eviscerator for my zealot, didn’t see a useful one in the stores, but oh well… :slight_smile:

Honestly I’m okay with stat locks. But a better workaround the community’s problem would be if we could choose from 2-3 options as a reward.

I also have around 300 hours in the game. My psyker got lucky, and he got almost god-tier purgatus/deimos right after I leveled him to lvl 30. He can play T5 with them easily, but I want to try other builds too. Yet all attempts to roll trauma or surge builds have been fruitless so far, and I’m locked to the only build I have on this character. While I like the build, I do get tired of it from time to time.

I have a bit more playtime on my zealot. She has two decent builds that work on T5, but her weapons are not as good. They are above average with 500-510 rating, with at least one good blessing and decent perks. Again, trying to get the blessings I want and roll new weapons to try new builds is a pain.

I love playing different builds and experimenting with different weapons. And with the current crafting system, I feel like the game does not allow me to do it. Furthermore, since the crafting resources are not shared between the characters, I have to carefully choose which class I want to attempt to improve instead of choosing which class I want to play right now. E.g., if the resources could be shared, I could switch from the psyker to zealot because I got bored with the purgatus build and still attempt to get something new for my psyker after that. The locks and the siloed resources just make it that much harder for me to enjoy different gameplay on different characters. I understand that I shouldn’t be able to accomplish everything very quickly, and I don’t demand to have the ability to get an upgrade in no time. But the current system frustrates me more often than not.

And another point why locks suck is because with the locks present, FS do balance changes. Sometimes they nerf something to the ground. Now imagine a person spending several weeks rolling that specific weapon they wanted with specific blessings. And all of a sudden, one of those blessings gets nerfed. And it’s the one with the lock, so the player can’t even change it to something else. The weapon becomes close to being useless. That’s just throwing away the playtime the player spent to get this weapon. That feels very unfair.

I truly love the game. It’s quite rare for me to be that passionate about a game. I really hope FS fixes these issues sooner than later because I want to play more Darktide. Without the ability to experiment with new builds, I just don’t have that much incentive to play. I play solo queue because I don’t have any real-life friends who play the game, so the aspect of playing with friends is not available to me.

I appreciate FS’s work, and I understand they may have limited resources. But honestly, all the loyal players would be that much happier if FS communicated with us better. People mostly get frustrated because they feel like they are just being ignored or lied to. I can live with the locks and all the other flaws if I know they will get addressed eventually. Talk to us! Let us know that you see our frustration and that you will try to improve the current system. Let is know your thoughts on that, even if they don’t align with the ones we have. Help us understand your line of thinking. Like, throw a poll and ask us something like: “we’ve been thinking on how to fix this issue, and we came up with the following ideas… which one do you like the most?”. Keep us engaged and in the loop. Proper communication and managing expectations is the key to keeping your customers happy.

2 Likes

And we can’t even exchange/sell craft materials, I’m just sitting on a pile of diamantine because it’s kind of useless.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.