Dev Blog: Clandestium Gloriana Level Design

Dumbest thing I’ve read all week. And I browse twitter…

5 Likes

I just watched the movie Shooter. Didn’t expect Sgt. Swagger to be here.

1 Like

I usually don’t bite, but you actually had some points I think are worth addressing.

Firstly, this isn’t my first post, I’ve been an active member of this community since launch. Secondly, I have expressed my concerns about adding too much NPC chatter in the past. I’ve been vocal that often times these npcs are more of a nuisance than they are enjoyable, the chatter is repetetve, and we are expected to replay these missions many times.

I am very much into the lore, and sadly, these NPCs are often just spouting exposition in the most blunt way possible or telling me “See those houses? they are older than they look”.

Feel free to be excited at the communication, its great they do share this with us. But I’m expressing my concerns while I stand a chance of making some changes.

Anywho, have a good weekend fellow human.

5 Likes

If only there was a Dev-to-players channel to communicate this very information!

Oh, wait…

2 Likes

I’m really excited for the storytelling / interacting with Swagger during the level! (And also a new banger by Jesper Kyd)

6 Likes

i look forward to seeing what they to to keep me from panic-firing plasma into their new NPC for looking like an isekai protag.

1 Like

Probably will give it a special Void Shield

I sure hope Swagger sounds cooler in Swedish cuz in English it sounds like Junior’s first attempt at a rapper alter-ego.

I suppose he could either be like Zola in the tutorial, a sort-of bot that fight alongside us (hopefully more survivable than a bot) or he’ll be at scripted places and be a set-piece immune to all damage like the soldiers we see on our way in on many maps.

Since Sister Hestia joined us, she will sometimes ask Melk if Grendyl himself will be joining us (which suggests that he isn’t in-system, I admit I kinda thought he was just elsewhere secluded on the Mourningstar and likely only communicated directly to Rannick but who knows? Probably not even Rannick) and Melk responds that he likely will though it will be when we least expect it.

If Grendyl is not above front-line work then this could very well be him or, at least, one of his personal operatives from his own warband now that he’s caught up with his first response team.

1 Like

Map looks cool I guess, but I’m not a fan of waiting for NPCs to play out their scripted routine. It gets old very fast.

I’d much rather know when the first dev blog for the itemization/crafting update will drop. Map related dev blogs 4 days before its release don’t do much for me tbh.

4 Likes

this was supposed to be out 2 years ago. thus plas guns woulda been new toys at that point.

I don’t think so. The firing sound effect sounds nothing like the plasma guns we have.

1 Like

Except Plasma Gun were there at launch

1 Like

“I get a headache just carrying mine around! I think it’s making me sick!”
“That’s why Hadron gave us the tablets to take!”

Radium carbine! Radium carbine! Radium carbine!
Radium Jezzail! Radium Jezzail! Radium Jezzail!

Skitarii class soon?!!!

9 Likes

Didn’t strawhat confirm that it definitely was just a regular plasma? YouTube comments as well

Edit: just found it on Reddit

1 Like

It being a Plasma Gun doesn’t suit the audio at all because:

• Plasma Guns are considered standard issue weaponry in the Astra Militarum and thus not as mysterious, ultra-rare “Mechanicus toys.”
  • The weapon is said to be causing common symptoms of radiation sickness (headaches, nausea and blistering of the skin)… those symptoms are often treated with potassium iodide pills and “pills” were also mentioned in the Vox Intercept.

They’re most likely referencing Radium Weapons.

8 Likes

Oh no, this looks quite interesting.

Don’t do that, dont give us hope ⸜( ⌓̈ )⸝

2 Likes

That’s a Galvanik Rifle.

Radium are Vanguard exclusive

Hoping this is what swagger becomes!

Could be they plan to suprise us with both radium weapons and some mechnicus specific plasma, and the fat shark ‘using plasma’ comment is foreshadowing the ‘new plasma gun.’

The Plasma Caliver, which is known for it’s high rate of fire.

2 Likes

While 100% correct and the whole reason there is as much confusion. A CM confirmed its just the already available Plasma Gun :person_shrugging:

1 Like