Daemonhosts are incredibly underwhelming and needs a respectful buff

While i want unavoidable bosses (beast, ogryn, spawn) to drop rewards for killing them, I don’t want daemonhosts to drop any rewards. They’re an avoidable environmental hazard and similar to V2 patrols not dropping any rewards, the majority of public games can’t kill the daemonhost quickly enough. I don’t want something incentivising overconfident/gung-ho players trip the daemonhost and die attempting it.

2 Likes

This post is hilarious :slight_smile:
The Demonhost has some serious design issues as it’s difficulty entirely depends on the gear and build. With combat knife, psker or orgyn shild it can be trivialised. Don’t see it being easy 1v1 with either of those. Possible? Sure, but easy. Not without some kind of bug or mechanics abuse.

But the way the issue is presented here feels like either a cheap flex or the author finding some cheesy way to abuse the game, proceeding to do so every time, than complaining about it.

Deamonhost is just bad design Enemy Target

If you have Specific Melee weapon, you can win , if not , sorry you cant.

it does not unlock any challenge or fun to the game. it locks down an area of map, ok its same as L4D2, but does L4D2 do contain crafting materials that we need to loot? No.

it should be as the patrol in V2, a patrol of about 12 chaos warriors, you want to engage? you can freely, you dont want you can not engage,a challenge of course , but it is impossible or need a specific weapon? no.

Most people just flat out avoid the Daemonhost because they think it’s impossible to kill. I disagree. I thought something had to be done about the Daemon from the beginning. I think an incentive to kill it is in order.

They do their job punishing low DPS teams, it’s fine.