Daemonhosts and people leaving

Hi, lately I’ve been getting players scumming daemonhosts by Alt+F4 or just leaving mid match when they purposely set them off. The same goes for people who get downed, but not killed.

Please have the daemonhost find their bot and kill it. Thanks.

I’m not mad when someone awakens deamonhosts by mistake, I do it sometimes too, it happens.
However, the type of guy who awakens the daemonhost and then AltF4 to reconnect a few moments later, so that someone else than himself gets targeted and killed by the daemonhost deserves a special place in hell. Making others pay the price of his own mistake instead of facing the consequences like a grown up

3 Likes

The whole bot takeover when someone exits the game is skewy in its own right.

Feels like if they fixed that, it’d fix this issue too.

Seems to me that when a player leaves, a bot gets “spawned” afresh rather than assuming the exiting players character. It has saved some party wipes in a few games I’ve played as said bot then picks up a human player, but I’m not keen on that being an encouraged strategy.

I’d prefer the L4D2 bot approach. And also its ability to let you AFK for a minute. But ofc that’d mean training a better bot ai.

1 Like

If they’re aggro’ing and Alt-F4ing, I’d have a hard time seeing that as a mistake - sounds like deliberate griefing to me.

I’ve seen some stupid aggro incidents that are borderline griefing, but the player has stayed and apologised after. Annoying, but probably a mistake, and a pretty dumb one at that. Actively running for a ledge to jump over/quitting the game though…

I guess I’ve only had 1 person deliberately grief.

Half of my experiences lately have been
Zealot A: Hey bros… you think we can kill that daemonhost bros?
Person B: Nah…
Zealot A: I’m going for it bros
As they’re losing or knocked down they’ll say “SORRY BROS” and leave.

The other half have been people mindlessly walking into said daemonhost bonking it then reacting way too late. So they proceed to leave. This is mostly on difficulty 4 if that means anything. On difficulty 5 most know not to do this lol.

Ngl, I don’t hate the fact that someone can Alt+F4 to spawn a bot in to save a run if said run was ended due to some AI director BS.

You can also save yourself from a net or dog and being left on a dropdown point by alt+f4 and then rejoining.

In a perfect game, such strats wouldn’t be needed but let’s be very honest here: is DT that perfect game to not warrent such failsaves?

Besids, I’d rather have a 40min run be saved by Alt+F4-bot-save-strat than having wasted that time and only getting 1/3rd the resources (where VT2 gave you directly proportional “resources”)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.