Crits, and our inability to get them

Some traits work better for one careers and work worse for others. Unbeliavable! And if you think about it for a second, same is true for weapons, properties and even talents - some of them work best with particular weapons. I think this is unacceptable! All careers, talents and traits should be removed and the game should be made balanced again!

1 Like

No way! Yay, cptn! But there is a problem, we have certain number of traits that are broken or jusr useless on almost every character. And don’t you agree that with -2% CD instead of -2 sec and some sort of ICD it would’ve been much more versatile trait.

And it’s just one example.

I never said I disagree that these traits are powerful. What I basically said, is that it is normal for talents and traits to work better on some careers and weapons. Moreover, I disagree with your argument, because I think mentioned traits are good on ALL character whether they have innate crit or not.

As for talents themselves, since you asked me, I think either

or crit and AS should be mutually exclusive on weapons and possibly on jewelry. This way people will have to choose whether they want to have a crit build or a more reliable AS build. And this should be backed by new traits, that trigger on headshots for example - they can even mimic RC and SS. Also existing traits can be reworked to increase variability even more - Opportunist can be turned into straight push power and Off Balance damage can be increased (it’s 20% now).

The main problem now is that RC and SS are the best traits for melee weapons and there is no downside to stacking crit. Mutually excluding AS and crit as well as adding/reworking traits should deal with the issue. And I think adding more variability and different builds is better than removing and nerfing stuff.

Melee traits are not OP imo. If there are traits that need tweaking it’s Heat Sink and Scrounger.

Well, ATM we have 6 traits for melee weapons and 8 traits for ranged ones. But there is a problem, there are 3 traits on melee that are bugged/not working/useless Heroic Intervention, Off Ballance, Opportunist, 2 decent traits (Parry and Swift Slaying) and a questionable one- Resourceful Combatant, it’s prety OP on dual weapon Elf’s specs and so-so to bad on other careers.

And a little better situation we have with ranged weapon traits, Barrage and Conservative Shooter are prety OK, but we have useless Inspirational Shot, uselees on every career exept BH- Hunter, prety OP Scrounger, OP on some careers and uselees on the others Heat Sink, Resourceful Sharpshooter and Thermal Equalizer.

I don’t want FS to make all careers ballanced, it’s not worth it and prety unrealistic, I just want to have more options in tallent/trait choices then we have now, coz now we have 1-2 decent/OP coices and other ones are just bad, I don’t want ideal ballane and don’t think it’s needed, but I just want more versatility.

Cool. That’s what I said.

With so many things depending and triggering on crits, building for them is always useful, often one of the best choices, and in a few cases (namely, Pyromancer and Bounty Hunter, who both can get crits reliably and often) downright abusable. While other characters can get a reasonably high crit rates (enough to make reliable use of things like Resourceful Combatant, Scrounger and Swift Slaying), Pyro and BH can easily produce more stuff with the ranged crit-based Traits than they spend. That’s (in my view) the thing that makes the two careers broken, and the on ethat should be addressed. Otherwise, the crit system works fine, and as most things that trigger on crits are mutually exclusive, is close to a good balance.