Critical Strikes should be "Applied" When it is Landed on the Target, Not Sart of the Attack

You missing your target has only slightly to do with RNG. It is just you missing your target because you made a mistake in judgement, mostly. Like distance to enemy for example.

As I said. I understand that you don’t like it. That doesn’t make it awful though. Even what you describe doesn’t make it awful. It is just another creative design choice. I really can’t grasp why you have so much troubles understanding this.

Why are you trying to derail? This is not me blindly defending an existing feature. This is me telling you that it is a working system, which also makes sense from a logical standpoint that could be also done in another way.

EDIT: Changing the way crits are applied doesn’t make the game better. It doesn’t make it worse too. It will just be applied differently.

1 Like

You’re white knighting.

Yes, let’s add more RNG on top of more RNG for the sake of RNG.

Lol it is hilarious how a few of you guys are justifying critically hitting the air.

Fixing it wouldn’t break the game.

You guys have fun though. I will not be a part of whatever it is you guys are doing.

Thanks for the laughs though :joy:

1 Like

Such unreasonable questions/points you’re clearly above responding to then I suppose :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

So you wouldn’t be part of us trying to have you explain your actual point of view? Very noble indeed.

4 Likes

So me disagreeing with you makes me white knighting? Are you serious? Have you read ANY of my one hundred rants concerning Attack Speed and Crit Chance or overpowered talents? I am not white knighting anything for funsies. I am critical (pun intended) where I consider it necessary (like attack speed). And guess what? I missed my goal a few times already while being critical of certain game mechanics (metaphor intended). One day I will hit.

There is just absolutely no issue with the way it is currently applied. ZERO. There is nothing which has to be fixed here. You just don’t want to accept it for magical reason. Increased damage as a result of a perfect swing makes much more sense from a logical standpoint.

1 Like

“Simple solution” to a problem that hardly exists, to fundamentally change the complete architecture of the game’s engine. That would be a huge amount of work with the potential for god knows how many bugs. “Because other games do it that way.” is by far the worst argument to do something in any case.

4 Likes

Team Fortress 2 does.

5 Likes