Crashes all the time, no evident cause

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
Vermintide crashes extremely regularly. I am rarely able to finish a level without a crash quitting to desktop. There seems to be no real cause, it can happen at startup or at any point in the experience. I have an ultrawide screen but I have tried changing resolutions and even hooking up a different screen altogether. Same issue.
Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]
GUID: 0913a9f0-0034-45e4-9b8c-2161bf15102d
Log File:
Info Type:

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Startup Vermintinde
  2. Wait
  3. ???
  4. Profit (or in this case, crash)

Map Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Gamingoverlord

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
All time zones.

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2023-01-23-14.17.45-5ed6f0e7-452f-44da-b193-e9d0022c60f1.log (68.0 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2
  4. Locate the user_settings.config in this directory
  5. Upload here

launcher.config (126 Bytes)

Happaned again after 5 minutes of play

GUID: bf98c2f4-7463-43e4-addf-bbc59b3b780d
Log File:
Info Type:

Hi @gamingoverlord,

It looks like you’re running into an Access Violation type crash, which can occur for a number of reasons and identifying the cause usually requires a process of elimination. Unfortunately, we’re not able to determine the exact caused based on crash data alone.

I recommend trying our general crash solutions here:

I’ve also added this crash to our database and we’ll investigate to see if there’s an underlying issue.

I tried the solutions from the link. No joy.

GUID: 31ef135a-3b02-422b-95a3-268544c8d077
Log File:
Info Type:

Sorry to hear that. For this crash, it looks like some kind of disconnection happened and the logs are actually cut off so I’m unable to view the actual crash data.

It’s a shot in the dark, but perhaps performing a clean re-installlation may improve things. Please try this -

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.