Couple of things Vermintide vs Darktide

There are a couple of things that I wanted to point out for consideration:

1. Leveling past 30, I understand there’s a cap. However when your experience from completed missions goes no where that’s disheartening. I understand that the appeal is to keep acquiring and unlocking achievements and i think that’s a great idea. But the 30+1, 30+2, etc was an easy enough thing even if the levels didnt actually DO anything it was still something and it felt like the work was at least recognized. Then later IF you raise the cap, that work is done. I think this should be implemented here.
  2. I love the character in-game conversations, comments, chats, and interactions. I love that is included and carries on here, it’s a vital element and i am a HUGE fan of it, i hope those things continue.
  3. Team management - There should be a vote to kick option. It’s needed. I’ve only encountered one person who was super annoying thus far, and they limited their unnecessary commentary till at the end of mission, but if that became a problem OR if there was someone running off and not staying in the group OR if there’s people trying to do heresy missions at level 1… lots of reasons for this function.
  4. Gear, i like the functions thus far. I assume that the mechanicus area will eventually allow you to re-roll traits and such? because that needs to be a thing.
  5. BOTS - seriously, the best part of Vermintide were the bots that weren’t ultra basic, your highest level characters would come with you. IF the bots at least scaled to the difficulty level? That would be something. BOTS need a serious look. I would hope for something mirroring the vermintide 2 process as I thought that worked well.
  6. BOTS v2 - You need to be able to tell the bots to pick stuff up. Why is that not available in the main menu. Being able to tell the bot to pick up and bring an ammo crate is a huge deal. It needs to be a part of this game.

Overall, having a lot of fun with it. Thanks for taking the time to consider.

2 Likes

Yea number one is a big issue with me. I honestly cant understand why they wouldnt bring back the level + feature. It was great and it made sense and it made everyone happy. This wasted xp is really lame to see.

2 Likes
  1. Yeah, I’m loving it. I was really disheartened to hear all of the complaints before it was even out. It’s so much more dynamic than VT2. VT2 had good characters, but after 300 hours, OMG Bardin I know the stairs go up. (the call outs are actually really nice for new players)

2. There is, you have to hit escape and then social. it’s not easy to find. Had a guy who was purposefully shooting barrels to try and knock us off of ledges when no enemies were near. Funny if it’s with your group of friends, not so much with randoms.

Yeah I enjoyed the callouts. It’s a great way to let the team know that this is the correct path when you get turned around in a map or are wandering through the Chaos Wastes. Nice touch.

I’m hoping they add VT2’s leveling post max level, otherwise Experience bonus on Curios is completely useless.

In another 300 hours you will know that there are stairs, and the door is open :wink:

1 Like