Core gameplay sum up issues, bad changes from previous games and illogical approach to core mechanics/loop Mega Thread

what the hell are you even saying

1 Like

Wonderful post. I agree with pretty much everything here

1 Like

I agree with everything you said, and I hope FS listens.
To add to the post, the stun/slowdown from getting hit (ranged and melee) is absolutely horrendous. It both prevents the player from escaping bad situations and it breaks first person animations. Even with uninterruptible my weapon animations glitch out when hit, making mistakenly assume my attack will not hit any enemies.

To add further insult to injury, blocking a hit also causes slowdown, preventing you from dodging and forcing you to tank multiple hits, possible even a heavy overhead or boss grab.
Lastly the window for dodging attacks is so much narrower, and is made worse by netcode.
In V2 it was possible to dodge and attack with minimal risk of being hit, but in DT if enemies stagger their attacks it is impossible to dodge both.

The tightened dodge windows with the block slow make it so easy to get vortexed into unblockable overheads. If you dodge the light attack you will eat the overhead before you can dodge again. If you block the light attack the slowdown will prevent you from dodging the overhead.

All round it makes playing melee in the game awful, and that’s before you mix in ranged units.
The only time melee feels functional is when you cornercamp or hide behind an Ogryn shield to break enemy attack patterns and let a ranged player pick away at specials.

This isn’t even considering toughness or coherency and the issues those bring to the table.

6 Likes

I fully believe that regular ranged units should cause no stagger or slowdown at all. This alone would improve the feel of the game immensely IMO. I can agree with basically everything else you’re saying.

6 Likes

OP is spot on.

Very logical breakdown of most issues in the game.

I think whoever’s in charge of balance is pushing too hard to make DT a popamole cover shooter.

The gameplay for 3 classes is very similar (being forced to snipe lots of ranged on diff 4/5), with one or two good guns and the rest leagues below in comparison. Very little tactical diversity, so gameplay feels a lot more repetitive than Vermintide.

5 Likes

and then, it doesn’t even have a good cover system. I mean, “press X to duck intocover” so that the character ACTUALLY conforms to the cover, and then maybe allowing blindfire around it, peeking around… ya know, like the AI Does. While the player can only stand up completely… or still get hit while ducked behind the cover…

2 Likes

wat

1 Like

I just had a stroke, can anyone else tell me what this guy was just trying to say?

1 Like

I have to agree with the majority of these points. Its like they took steps backwards from VT2 in a lot of ways

1 Like

sorry to hear that, which words you struggling with?

Just the parts where you were typing stuff and expecting it to be comprehended.

1 Like

well keep up the therapy you might get a lot of that function back , but i wouldnt worry about it those that need to understand will be fine

Yeah, dude, you’ve got some really captivated readers here. The 0 likes on the post really just hammers your point home.

2 Likes

im disagreeing with the op and all those asking for nerfs and the game to be made into v2, im not going to get any likes.
some of us think a forum is a place to discuss and debate options im not here to pander to the crowd and win fake internet praise i beleive theres social media for that?

2 Likes

Nobody even knows what you’re saying because they can’t get through your post. It’s just a stream of consciousness with zero filter.

2 Likes

Agree with everything op said.

Already made a thread days back on how boring i think peek-a-boo cover gameplay is against hordes of ranged trash on high diff and how the player really lacks counterplay.

Adding another threads snip…
Coherency is a bad mechanic and teaches bad decisionmaking.
Controling space is infinitely more important in this (and any) horde game than getting coherency bonuses. At best its a penalty for playing properly. At worst it actively teaches players to play incredibly poorly.

2 Likes

Most of likes op gets are v2 unadaptable v2 vets who thought dt will be their new v2 copy paste game, and feel got cheated, other thousands players evidently enjoy this game. Lol look at the steam rating, 82% reviews are positive, 60% of negative one are due to crashes and bad optimalization. No wonders fatshark doesnt give a damn about forums. Bunch of salty morons, screaming into void how fatshark doesnt know what its doing, while apparently it does. “Remember who you are…” Looool. Fatshark sold milions copies at the start of v2. But you think what? They owe anything to those few thousand playing this until today? Are you effin naive? You think what, you know better what their games should be like better than them because what? You were buying coametics for the last few years? These topics are repeating jokes, no point discussing anything here.

I dont want this to become copy paste insta wep swaping, dodge kite dancing cheese repeating, weapon diversity breaking bull**** like v2 is.

You mean reviews from people who were willing to pay for unreleased product, play in broken beta version of the game? I will wait for real reviews from people judging game from release before I will form my opinion about review score.

Besides, what reviews have to do with glaring issues? I would myself give this game in current state 75% easy as I am having tons of fun.

Doesn’t mean I should turn blind eye to glaring isssues, problems, bugs, unfinished/missing features and just fanboy it to avoid having buyer remorse.

What sold copies have to do with anything? You want to see how many copies sold Anthem on release? Battlefail 2042? Mass Effect Andromeda? Mayhem? FIFA?

Sold Copies do not equal quality of the game. Only if marketing was good enough.

3 Likes

I edited my post, make sure you catch everything i have to say. Good luck crying how you got cheated.

Also im not saying game doesnt suffer from bugs and bad optimalization. But that is what effin betas are for. You are rating unfinished product lmao!

To think the game will suddenly improve once released.
And you called him naive KEK

1 Like