Constructive criticism for the game as a whole

I enjoy playing the game and think it’s come a long way since I first played it. I think it needed some more time in the oven before being released but I understand how the world works with financial earnings and deadlines. I just want to add a list of things I think need improving or changing and hope the devs see/acknowledge some things.

Potential improvements or bugs:

• Add a “parameters completed” or “parameters remaining” for the penances that require you to complete missions or mission types. I have to manually track which mission types I’ve completed for each class on a notepad which would be circumvented with this feature.

• Mutants will charge you and you can evade them but they instantly re-charge you while being 3 inches from you if they don’t hit a wall giving you no time for outplay potential.

• Pox hounds charge you and you can dodge them but then then do a weird animation where they phase through you and instantly pounce again from behind. (Same issue with Mutants almost) I suggest having them run away or do something like the gutter runners from Vermintide 2 where they teleport away once staggered.

• Grimoires and Scriptures being in completely random places. Scriptures specifically being difficult to find even if you check every single corner (at least grimoires have a glowing green hue to them.)

• Coherency is a good idea for teamplay but hurts lower difficulty players as it forces inexperienced players to play a certain way which is abnormal for most games. I recommend increasing the range for coherency to trigger in lower difficulties until malice/heresy/damnation.

• Not being able to select specific missions or mission types is strange not to include on launch.

• I’m not sure if its a bug (most likely is) but I keep getting 3+ or 4 of the same class in missions nonstop. I played 3 matches on my veteran and got 3+ vets and then tried my ogryn and got 3+ ogryns in 2 consecutive matches. Its weird to me that it happens as frequently as its happening.

• When you start to type it doesn’t block like it does in Vermintide 2 making communication harder if you don’t use a mic.

• Attempting to resurrect a teammate is vastly more difficult than in Vermintide 2 which isn’t a bad thing but exclusively giving ogryns the ability to res in combat seems unnecessary. (I can understand not wanting to change this as it gives the ogryn class more incentive to play but if that’s the reason why does ogryn have 3 iconic passives vs the 2 from psyker and veteran?)

• Bots can’t be geared or be commanded to pickup grimoires or scriptures which is an issue especially when private lobbies come into play later.

• The end game ship doesn’t make you immortal like being in the bubble in Vermintide 2 does. This is a big one for me as when we get to the ship I think I should have the ability to just mentally tune out rather than pray my team doesn’t want to sit there and farm the horde attacking us for 3 minutes. I’m essentially being held hostage every so often when I play malice. I’d say one in five matches has someone purposely farming kill for no reason.

• Fire damage obliterates your toughness and stuns you the entire duration you’re in it, I think its a bit much and could be slightly nerfed. Yes the ol’ “STAND IN FIRE BAD LEAVE FIRE NOAW” can be applied to this but you have such little reaction time once the grenade explodes. The other alterative is the reduce the radius of the fire which I think would be fair.

Final note, if the devs do read this I appreciate making it to the end of the post and hope ya’ll aren’t too stressed out updating and fixing things. You guys have made a great game that deserves praise.

3 Likes

Just some input/food for thought.

Coherency range increase, lower diff.

Less crutches rather than more crutches for the lower difficulties. In Vermintide 2 you had multiple things that changed per difficulty (and I think Darktide is the same), such as dogde window/enemy tracking, health, mass (for cleave), etc. I can imagine that this is a major part in why certain difficulties feels way harder, as you have to relearn all those things (next to gaining more power by levelling up/better weapons).

Resurrect as non-Ogryn

Everyone can resurrect as long as they have stamina. Ogryn has an easier time overall, and also has the charge special that will help. Psyker’s special can be used the same way as the charge. Zealot has greandes that stuff almost all enemies long enough to pull of a res (even in a situation where an Ogryn would struggle).

Other than that I agree with most of your points.

1 Like