Community Update #3: Pre-Weekend Status - 1.0.8 Update

Odd, mine has the same inventory after a refresh, no changes at all.

Dodging still feels pretty bad man.

3 Likes

Hey, you forgot a bunch of fixes like “zealot charge giving guaranteed crits for daggers for a second”

Yep dodging still feels crappy on anything except Zealot Knife (don’t have a dueling sword or tactical axe to compare). I was just playing on my Veteran and with the lvl 25 trait that reduces stamina whilst ADS I was almost always out of stam because it recharges so slowly and then I was punished for switching to melee to help the team because I could barely dodge with the power sword. It feels absolutely dreadful. I understand that there are traits and and perks to buff sprinting but it shouldn’t feel this bad at lvl 25 on weapons with average mobility stats.

The sprinting needs to be faster and should recharge faster at base and the 1.07 dodge reset nerf must be reversed. Give us back the joy of combat please and stop taking apart a core component of the game that was fun and increased the skill cap.

If Fatshark didn’t like that dodge kiting was faster than sprinting - that’s because sprinting has become completely rubbish! It all felt so much more fluid during closed beta and nerfing player movement is such a frustrating change and something a significant chunk of the player-base is increasingly annoyed about.

P.S. the old closed beta bug where the subtitle text size resets after every launch is back.

2 Likes

truth be told, dodging was the most fun aspect of the game for me, and really the only reason i spent 40+ hours playing the game prior to 1.0.7. so to see it in a much worse state is really disappointing.

it is the only reason i haven’t played since the last update, but i’m glad and thankful that you guys are putting in the effort to find a happy medium and are listening to feedback, because it does feel better now compared to the previous update, but obviously nowhere near as good as it was prior.

i’ll continue to hold off on playing until dodge is in a better spot.
for what it’s worth, this is literally my only complaint with the game, it’s just unfortunately the only reason i enjoyed darktide as much as i do, so it’s extremely important to me.

1 Like

With or without DLSS

Love this update, thank you, the crafting and material system is shaping up to provide a great loop

Doesn’t matter, DLSS has been a non-factor for me.

Love you guys, keep up the good work and patches!

Great job with the cosmetics so far. I didn’t want recolours to be separate cosmetics but with the amount provided I’ll get over it.

I was able to increase worker threads with DLSS off. That’s why I was asking.

Heavy Eviscerator for Zealot seems to have been reverted in this patch? Also some reason Ogryn Ripper was changed as well, are these both intentional?

Gotcha, that didn’t work for me unfortunately. No matter the case I always need to keep threads limited to 1.

1 Like

why do you keep your threads limited to 1?

If I have them any higher than 1 the game repeatedly crashes.

so you’re not crashing at all?

Not ever since, no. However, limiting your worker threads to 1 reduces your performance significantly.

that’s strange, i wonder if the additional threads are getting locked or not being managed properly. with the latest update, i crash significantly less, but i wouldn’t personally wouldn’t choose stability over fps, considering how quick it is to load back in.

you should edit your user_settings to be similar to mine: adapter_index = 0aspect_ratio = -1borderless_fullscreen = falsefullscree - Pastebin.com
i’ve lowered/disabled basically everything we have access to, and my fps has gone up immensely. since you’re gonna be cpu-bound with only 1 thread, some of these changes should reduce cpu workload and help you out too.

I know I’ve asked this in a previous update thread, but is the team aware of the game’s current performance issues on 3000 series nVidia cards? It’s pretty rough right now.