Commodores Vestures of November 30th 2023 - January 11th 2024

Sharing from reddit.

All credits go to: u/YolStorm

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/187f4k9/commodores_vestures_of_november_30th_2023_january/

1 Like

Ogryn set screams “Are you not entertained?!” :smiley:

Is the Veteran set a repeat? It looks familiar (chest/pants at least), but I’m not sure of the colour.

5 Likes

The Veteran set is a recolor

5 Likes

Amelia Barquette ? Is she linked to the Barquette Nobles ?

1 Like

2 months of vet getting nothing new
2 recolours
2 re-releases

Fatshark doesn’t like money

5 Likes

They’re the ones competing with the Margraves, correct?

They’re literally putting all of their effort into the weapon cosmetics :grimacing:

3 Likes

Farshark coming up with the brilliant idea to not put the slightest effort to easily make bank from selling things veteran players want instead of lazy reskins and even lazier re-releases for months on end
IMG_6569

4 Likes

has there ever been an eviscerator skin? i’ve also been wanting another skin for my psyker staff. i got a skin for it a few months ago, but i want something new. is there only the one skin for the staves?

2 Likes

Between little things like this, and the big things like exceedingly unpleasant state they’ve left the vet tree in so far, I find myself increasingly wondering if FatShark actually has some kind of hate-boner for Veteran, even though I feel like I should know better.

sigh

Here’s hoping Traitor Pt. 2 update includes some repairs to the damage they’ve inflicted there and so far yet to fix, but I’m not holding my breath.

4 Likes

Did the commissary get updated too?

Ye, the Margraves are the Gouvernor family

I don’t understand why they don’t dish out Unique cosmetics that have different poses you can choose, example googles you can wear on your forehead or normally. pair that with a painter and i’d be more then glad to spend a few bucks here and there . Right now if you just want something generic like a barett or a helmet you always gotta ask yourself if you are wasting your money because it might release in a different colour or change the pose like for ogryn googles., sadly this seems to apply for sets now aswell. and where is the 100 Aquilla pack that was talked about a year ago?

2 Likes

It is a shame. If they’d put out setting accurate and good quality skins for Krieg*, Mordians, Praetorians, Catachan, Valhallan, Vostroyan, Tallarn etcetera, giving the famous regiments a new lease of life in digital format, I can guarantee they would have made a small fortune from me alone. I’d probably have created 4 Guardsmen in total just for all of the outfits. But there has not been a single Veteran skinset that has made me reach for the Aquilas. Yet with all the outfits we’ve seen, and how terrible the Commissar and Krieg outfits are, I doubt FS managment would give the artists etc the time needed to make them properly and they’d be another set of disasters.

*No, we didnt get Krieg skins before anyone says anything; we got the “we have Krieg at home” meme equivalent.

4 Likes

Yeah! I’ve even heard a theory that the Barquettes are the ones funding both the Cult of Admonition and the Moebian 6th. :wink:

Weapon mod had all of those skins already for months now, Meaning it was already in the files probably even from a old project they scraped, All they did was just put it in the shop and put a price tag on it not much else, Really does seem they have abandoned the shop and now are just doing bare minimum with reskins and scraped items from old projects they just dust off and call brand new

3 Likes

They’d stand to profit a lot more if they didn’t reskin everything and call it “new”

Paintable cosmetics would honestly be a game changer (I know it’s been mentioned a couple of times); distinct head/chest/pants items at a reasonable price, and sell paints/patterns. Could vary in price depending, with potentially more desirable paints (gold, silver, jet black, for example) being at a higher price point. That’s something I could get on board with fairly readily.

As it stands now, for all the talk of predatory practices etc, re-selling cosmetics which are old to a chunk of the player base seems like the worst way to exploit said practices.

3 Likes

My suggestion exactly. Instead of reskinning, if Fatshark just makes every set unique and gives them all multiple differing paint jobs instead, they will get WAY more people buying their premium skins and therefore WAY more profit, but with a healthy business practice.

Yikes, really scraped the bottom of the barrel for this set, eh?
Two recolors, a mediocre Zealot set and - my goodness, I didn’t think they could do it but they did it - an utterly nothing-burger Ogryn set.

4 Likes