Yea, I could have added this to the other thread. But they are not tackling the same issues. And i kinda hope to get this to some kinda super-suggestion thread.
Most people describe in their topics how they would change the existing system of the Chaos Wastes in minor or less minor ways. And while I would also tackle this point at the end of this OP, it will not be the main focus. Main focus instead will be the suggestion of new boons and curses. Why? Because Chaos Wastes lives from the novelty and the different builds which you can get. And while 50 new boons sounds like a lot on first notice, we get about 10+ boons per expedition. So you have seen most of them really fast.
As such the first goal should not be changing what we have but rather expand on what we have, to further increase replayability. Since Chaos Wastes are also balanced differently (and by chance to a degree) there are no limits for these suggestions AND they can be implemented fast if they are technically feasible. So you can suggest whatever you like, no matter how outlandish it is or how boring (thinly veiled dps boons which are basically the same like hit causes bleed or poison) it is. Also slight variation of other people’s suggestion is completely okay. Just post suggestions for Fatshark to screen though and to get “inspired”.
And by nature of this thread, I will also make own suggestions (names are temporary because I will not spend time searching for a suitable god):
- Talented: Doubles the effect of your main career passive - Unique
- Nurse: Reviving team mates removes wounded state - Exotic
- Invisible: Standing still for three seconds grants invisibility until moving again or being the last surviving player (attacking is okay though) - Exotic
- Flexible: All your attacks counts both as melee and as ranged - Unique
- Petrify: Ranged Attacks petrify enemies for 5 seconds but also makes them invincible for the time - Exotic
- Taunting: Tagging an enemy draws aggression - Rare
- Ignorance: Your hits ignore shields - Rare
- Avenger: Increases your next attack proportional to damaged received - Rare
- Swift Feets: 20 % chance that enemy hits counts as “dodged” - Rare
- Commander: Can multi-tag severaö enemies, increasing ranged damage per 7.5 % per each tagged enemy on tagged enemies (WHC only?)
- Into the Dongliz: All enemies have an additional weakpoint - Exotic
- Augmented: Time dependent effects of the career skill are extended by 15 % - Rare
- Bushfire: The radius of DoT attacks is increased by 20 % - Exotic
- Hungry Flames: Fire DoT stays two seconds longer - Exotic (Sienna only)
- Ranald’s Champion: From now on you will only find Boons of Exotic or higher rarity - Unique
- Quick Drinker: Can activate potions without the animation effect - Rare
- Improved Venting: Can actively vent while being in melee - Rare (Sienna only)
- Pathways: You and your team mates see and have to walk different pathway (Wizard’s Tower and the bug in Holseher’s Tower showcase this being possible) - Tzeentch
- Slaughter: Your attacks deal 10 % more damage and are 10 % faster but consume 2.5 % of your career skill bar per hit - Khorne
- Greed: Pilgrim’s coins income will be increased by 50 %, however picking up Pilgrim’s coins stops any THP gains for 1 minute - Slaanesh
- Midas: Picking up Pilgrim’s coins heals the player but players received DoT proportional to the total amount of coins the team holds - Slaanesh
- Illusions: Illusions of nearby enemies can be seen which neither damage you nor can be damaged - Tzeentch
- Voices: Do not hear any sound cues for spawning specials and monsters OR do constantly hear sound cues for specials even if there are none - Tzeentch
With this out of the way, I ask you kindly to write down your own ideas for new boons and curses.
As mentioned before, I will dedicate a small part for minor changes I could imagine for the Wastes.
- Adapting Weekly Quests to work with the Chaos Wastes as well. So instead of just finding Grimoires the quest will progress if you find a grimoire OR beat a boss chest
- Random weapon shrines offer two different weapons of which one must be taken (because we all have this one weapon we don’t like)
- Random weapons have one more property (trait possibly to strong) than their upgrade counter-part
- Beating an expedition grants you “Gods favour” which allows you to remove one ranged weapon, one melee weapon and two boons per career which will be removed out of the potential spawn pool
- An event later down the line offers an unique expedition cursed by the Horned Rat
That’s all for now. So post your own boon and curse suggestions.