Chaos Wastes Feedback and Poll

It’s only been out for a few days and I’ve only had time to complete 3 expeditions but I am exceedingly impressed by it so far. It’s the sort of huge shakeup to the structure of the game that feels very revitalising after 3 years.

Looking at my post Weaves; a good idea at the wrong time from 2 months ago, it really feels to me that FS took most of the the design goals they perhaps wanted Weaves to do and approached it from a very different direction. I’m glad it seems.

Currently I’m pretty happy with how it works but it will be interesting how I feel when the shine of how new it is has perhaps rubbed off a bit.

As with many others perhaps the one thing I might consider tweaking is just how random the Exchange Altar is.

It does rather suit the theme of the Chaos Wastes but perhaps it being a choice of two/three weapons might make it feel less of a gotcha regarding specific builds.

In honesty I mostly view it as a calculated gamble and will often ignore them… and I think this is ok?

Also heretical opinion: As much as I would love to see some Chaos Daemons in Vermintide… actually I think it was wise not to introduce a new enemy type at the same time as a massively different game mode, given how WoM was initially received.