Change scriptures and grimoire rewards (suggestion)

The current rewards for finded books are not really good… I’m pretty sure most of the players dont do it ! Book use one equipement slot and on top of that grimoire give corruption, for what ? More XP ?

What about something different :

Scriptures and grimoire could be earn like rare ressources or currency we could use in a new part of the Morningstar, talking to a new NPC, to buy holy gifts ! Those gifts should contain random things :

• high probability : 380 base stat weapon
  • medium probability : 10 to 20 aquilla
  • low probability : a random cosmetic piece

The cost of one Holy gift could be something like 100 scriptures or 50 grimoires

It should make books more interesting !

1 Like

I’d quite like to see something like the lore collectibles that Vermintide 1 had. There’s clearly a lot of background lore in place for Atoma, the Moebian guardsmen and Inquisitor Grendyl’s retinue that we only get through the odd easily missed snippet of conversation mid mission. Having a reference archive that builds up as you do more missions would be cool, and perhaps go some way to making the story feel like it’s actually present in the game.

Using them as pseudo-premium currency is an interesting idea, but there’s zero chance they’ll put aquilas or paid cosmetics behind them.

I do like the idea of having a way to get a base weapon of guaranteed quality, however, being random can go jump. There’s enough RNG in the game already. Just make them spendable at brunt’s or something so people can choose what they want.

I’d also add that the amount of them you receive at the end of a mission should be dependent on the difficulty of the mission. 2 grims at vanilla t4 or below is one thing. 2 grims at T5 HiSTG is another thing entirely.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.