Can't type in chat box

Difficulty in Typing in Chat at Scoreboard Screen:
When I’m at the scoreboard screen, I can’t seem to type in the chat. It’s strange because I can chat just fine everywhere else in the game before then. I wonder if there’s a key binding conflict or perhaps a mod causing the issue. I’ve tried resetting my key bindings to default, but the problem sticks. Are there any known conflicts with mods or key bindings that could be causing this?

Channel Change Key Binding:
I’m wondering if there’s a way to rebind the key for switching channels between Mourning Star and Strike Team chats. Is the default key binding TAB,. Any chance this is something I can tweak either in-game or through third-party tools or mods thus causing the issue?

Developer Console:
I tried enabling the developer console (`) briefly to troubleshoot the issue, but it led to a crash. This crash didn’t seem related to the original problem I was investigating. I disabled the developer console afterward, but I wanted to flag it just in case it’s part of a larger issue.

Many Thanks!

GUID: 585ae4e9-87f6-471d-99ea-c78521be1fa9
Log File:
Info Type:

… [Crash Link]:
crashify://585ae4e9-87f6-471d-99ea-c78521be1fa9

Did you see a [Strike Team] thingamajig before the chat message you tried to type? I remember a CTD that happened to me last night, and shortly before that I couldn’t communicate at all. When I rebooted the game and rejoined, it didn’t connect me to the Strike Team channel for whatever reason, so I was completely unable to use text or voice chat.

After clearing the mission, I successfully joined the Mourningstar channel, but still couldn’t switch to Strike Team despite still being in one.

thanks for replying sounds like we have same issue sorry I should have put in another forum… yea I had the box when I pressed enter but nothing would come up in the box… I dont often use voice chat or switch strike teams etc so is alittle hard to do so if its not working after a game…

1 Like

Periodically happens on Series X too, and the only fix is to restart. It’s pretty bad depending on the timing, the level, and the team.

I saw the known issue above seems it might be connected to browsers and vpns and that it is provided by a third party… I relaunched game without the browser and it seems ok again… Maybe theres another executable that I might need to exclude from my vpn?

We are aware of and looking in to this issue, and certainly it does seem to be especially prevalent when a VPN is being used.

I’ve shared your crash report with the developer handling the issue, and I hope we can make progress on this soon.

1 Like

oh still happening I purposely didnt open my browser on rebooting pc…
console-2024-03-17-22.49.38-d44ce059-7d49-4304-980c-1a40503f29e2.log (488.7 KB)
console-2024-03-17-22.13.23-637bc29c-070e-4241-a63e-ed82c8daa0fd.log (328.6 KB)
console-2024-03-17-20.26.58-a948bda7-9ecc-4b9a-8106-09c3c120496f.log (371.8 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.